Help me with my C15 for better mileage ??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by IH Branded, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    I not sure what you mean, but the sensor trick everyone does just tricks the ecm into thinking the fuel is warmer so the ecm adjust the fuel table. has nothing to do with a cooler. the return fuel runs into the filter base so it warms up the base after a while so the supply fuel takes some of that heat with it. this has nothing to do with a cooler in the return line. because it is after the fact. installed one it didn't make a difference at all fuel still ran same temp in the head as before so I took it off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    The ECM parameters need to match the mechanical parts, mix matching somestimes you find a good combination that helps sometimes it goes other way. With the engine serial number and program number installed I could look on SIS and see what I think can be done

4. wore out

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    The reason for. Cooler in return side is so fuel comes into head cooler. Fuel is more dense the colder it is the. Better it explodes. But I do agree with the wise ol man less fuel you have in tanks less effective it is. Biggest trouble anymore is everyone has forgot. In this electrical age we still have mechanical faults

5. IH Branded

IH Branded Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Great Lakes area
    Engine SN is MXS57312 and I don't know at all what program installed. I know they said heavy haul package. Thanks, I appreciate it.

6. Superhauler

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    yes I know that, but by the time it gets to the head it is pretty well heated back up. the trick I have learned is to try and keep you tanks filled up. kinda hard to do these days with the cost of fuel!! I usually try and fuel up in the middle of day so I can take advantage of the cool first part of day and then have full tanks in the warmer half of the day.

cetanediesel Thanks this.
  7. wore out

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I'm out in the field on a job I get back to the shop I look and see what is different from a 435 to a 550

8. wore out

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Ten four on the cost of fuel and keeping your tanks full I'm still feeding a B model every day I'm not workin for a livin. I haven't personally tried a cooler but it was a thought I had since u have with no luck I will scratch that idea. Although I still think they aint but 2 truck engines made Caterpiller and all them others.

9. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Starting and stopping kills any milage on CAT motor.

10. Superhauler

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    now a b-model a cooler just may have benefits since the fuel isn't ran through the head like on a e-model.

11. wore out

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I may try that it does pretty well for a B it sure doesn't want for power but fuel economy never hurt anybody. I guess that cooler thought came to mind cause he said the tanks seem awfull hot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.