Help! Needing advice ASAP re: my prescriptions on DOT physical & medical card

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ford_C700_Man, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Well at least you’ve got the letter. Hopefully you can get a 2 year card. The problem is the Dr. themselves. It’s up to their discretion. I got a 3 mo. Card once, was told to get BP under control and return for another physical. Went to a different clinic and got a 2 yr card. At this point why lie. Should get at least a 1 yr card. Maybe the PTSD will get better. I hope it does. If Ambien is the best treatment. By all means use whatever works. Health is most important. Good Luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    You’re right on the money. We’re not as important as we sometimes think we are. All he needs to do is get his own physical, self certify it with the State. That’s what I do now. On my 2nd job in 5 months. Both times all they need is a copy of my card. I’m not even sure they need it since self certification has been required. Anyway, they could care less about my 5 daily medications. It’s none of their business anyway. D0T Examiner puts information on long form. State only has copy of card for certification. Like you said. Not that important. Meanwhile the Aliens are still amongst us. CIA and FBI are listening in, and the TV is also watching us. But there’s a medication just for all that if needed. Lol.

tscottme and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Yes, Keith Bissell and the PUC, actually it was the Public Service Commission or PSC were awful. I worked for 1 or 2 companies that paid the PSC so they could operate fairly. The PSC went away in 1996.

Rideandrepair and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, if trucking companies didn't pay their dues, they got hammered at the scales, until they got the message.

Rideandrepair and tscottme Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I recall hearing something about a TN. Scale house being investigated by undercover DOT Officers driving Trucks, caught them backing off slack adjusters during inspections. True? Urban myth? Truckdriver story? I think it’s true.

7. brysol01

brysol01 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Use to be proud being from Washington and all , lately not so much

Rideandrepair and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Probably true back then. I was pulled in for a tail light out on the trailer. I didn't see any lights out and the officer pointed at one and said "that ones out." It wasn't out, but he gave me a ticket anyway. After the trucking company owner gave a ton of money to the PSC officer, there were no more tickets.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.