Help with Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by tlcmbc, Nov 21, 2007.

1. tlcmbc

tlcmbc Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Woodburn, In
    First time here on the forum and have a question. My wife says that when I talk to her with my headset there is so much background noise in the truck that she can't here me. What is a good headset that can cancel out the noise? Thanks for any help.

2. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I am suprised that you can hear HER! I had that $100 one that motorola makes and unless you press it to your ear, you cant hear crap. I might as well hold a phone there. I did see a bluetooth headset with a boom mic and noise canceling sold in the glass cases of of Flying J's. I would try that. I have not used it yet, but I will prob brake down and try it soon.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
  4. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Yup, thats the one I saw.

5. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I use the Blue Parrot....and wouldn't take what I gave for it. Unless I was somewhere I could buy a new one.

I have a slight hearing loss, so the volume helps me tremendously. The mic itself is excellent. Background noise is minimal in all conditions.

Actually, I spent nothing. It was a Christmas gift ;) But it's worth the price.

6. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I have a Blue Parrot as well. I had a "customer service" issue at an IC booth last week, and emailed the Company. They are sending me a BLUE EAGLE for my trouble. It is supposed to be better: longer talk-time, longer stand-by time, shorter charging cycles. We'll see...

7. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    Either of you Blue Parrot owners/users have problems with the batteries on yours? I went through three headsets before I finally went with the Motor Trend that Pilot is selling.

8. tlcmbc

tlcmbc Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Woodburn, In
    Sorry I am just getting back to the forum. Thanks for the help. Has anyone tried the Jawbone? I heard it was noise cancelling and works well in a truck.

9. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Smoked my battery this week. Going to Radidio Shake, getting a new set ;)

10. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

I forgot my charger at home last week for the blue parrot and was thinking of getting a blue eagle for either myself or my wife, I was NOT to be without my headset so did get a blue eagle. You are correct in the far longer battery life, but some of the features are different than the blue parrot and you'll have some getting used challenges. I will be giving the blue eagle to the wife and keeping my blue parrot for me.

I had battery issues and called up the blue parrot company in RI or where ever it is they are from. Only thing I paid for was shipping to them, they replaced the battery without proof of purchase date and mailed it back to me no charge. Problem fixed!

Friend of mine has a jawbone and when he is standing beside his running Harley I cannot hear it until he opens the throttle. Then I can faintly. Another friend has one and I can hear him while he is running a bull dozer.
    I've have the blue parrot and the blue eagle, they work well.

• Draft saved Draft deleted