Help with speeding ticket!

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by texasclassA, Aug 11, 2010.

1. texasclassA

texasclassA Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2010
    So I paid a traffic lawyer 500 bucks for nothing then? They said they will either dismiss it or get it deferred because of my record and I was in my POV. This is almost not even worth having a cdl to deal with this. At least with no cdl I could take defensive driving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HEAVY DUDE

HEAVY DUDE Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    A lawyer will tell you what you want to hear while he/she takes your money. With that said, your lawyer may get that ticket reduced but, most states will not "mask" a ticket if you have a CDL.

4. thelastamericanhippy

thelastamericanhippy Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    jacksonville, fl
    Some states sure will,

do you feel lucky , do ya ????

5. rich_t

rich_t Road Train Member

May 28, 2009
    United States

Did you hire a lawyer that knows the CDL laws? Seriously, ask your lawyer exactly what his legal argument is going to be to help you get the ticket dismissed/deferred.

6. texasclassA

Aug 11, 2010
    Yeah he's a 10 year traffic attorney/former judge. I'm guessing maybe he will get the violation moved down to a non-moving violation and I pay a fine or maybe he's hoping the cop wont show up for trial...who knows. Oh well I'm setting my cruise control to 5 under everywhere for the rest of my life. Also, I work for a municipality and have to keep a current class a cdl. Will this violation come up on a standard pre-employment driving records check?

7. HEAVY DUDE

HEAVY DUDE Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    If you are found guilty it will show up on your MVR.

8. rich_t

rich_t Road Train Member

May 28, 2009
    United States
    Don't guess. You paid the man. Make him tell you what his plans are. Tell him you need specifics. He is your employee at this point.

9. tesla4all

tesla4all Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Southeastern US
    First of all...educate yourself....You politely NEVER discuss ANYTHING concerning the violation with the officer...PERIOD!!! It helps to put yourself in third person in ALL adversarial situations. DON"T LET YOUR EMOTIONS BECOME INVOLVED! I'm not going to go into some exhaustive rant here but,....here's a little something for you and all that read this post to investigate for themselves and then apply to their situation as they feel capable. Google "ucc 1-308 without prejudice" This isn't something your gonna get overnite,...BUT,...if you are willing to apply yourself and learn this material, which I feel that anyone with enough intelligence to figure out how to use a computer to be reading this post is capable of, you will have positioned yourself to defend yourself in most all legal situations. This is empowering information, Take your time to learn it and apply it!... Understand this,...this whole truck transportation thing is a serious game....You have to play to win, to do that you have to know the rules..how to apply them,...how to manipulate them to your advantage. You can believe your opposition is out there to relieve you of your hard-earned cash. HOWEVER, They make mistakes,....all the time....Educate yourself....Lawyers? are you kidding me? They are part of the opposition's club....But look, I understand that not every individual will have the confidence of ability to represent themselves,...and those are the individuals that are at the mercy of the system....Good luck with your case...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  10. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Don't know what kool aid you drink, but I have had a few driver's try this BS and each one has been found guilty. I have seen them doing this with their log books as well. You are the same type of person that I refer to all the time as truck stop lawyers. You know just enough to get yourself in trouble and spread information in the truck stop diner to get more driver's in trouble believing the BS. You could probably sell them ocean front property in Arizona. I had a good two hour discussion with the last wack job I stopped who tried all this crazy sheet. Oh by the way he came to court 2 weeks ago and had 5 convictions upheld. He thought I had no jurisdiction over him because he marched to the beat of a different drummer and he didn't have to comply with the FMCSR's. At the scale that day when he drove by and was brought back, the other driver's around had a good laugh at his expense, because he sounded like he had been smoking crack all night. But in fact he was reciting the rhetoric he was reading and listening to on the CB. But I will wish you good luck trying this, hope it works better for you than it has for the others I have seen try it.

nikondvr and HEAVY DUDE Thank this.
  11. texasclassA

Aug 11, 2010
    Also the cop who got me was in her car with the windows up...so I cant figure out how she was radaring me???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.