Henderson Trucking????

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by acongress, Dec 5, 2008.

1. ffreespiritalways

ffreespiritalways Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2011
    We have a drop used in fontana cali now :biggrin_25517:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sailorman1

sailorman1 Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2011
    oceanside, california
    do these guys operate in the West Coast?

4. sailorman1

sailorman1 Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2011
    oceanside, california
    West Coast oreintation

5. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    They don't have West Coast Orientation but they have tons of West Coast drivers. Seems like every other driver I meet at the yard is from California. I don't drive OTR for them so I don't know much about that. I know they are looking for drivers and they will try to con you into doing lease-purchase. They have been trading a lot of trucks in. Pretty soon all company trucks will be Cascadia's 09 or newer. Any older trucks will be lease operators who decide to keep them.

6. mike91118

mike91118 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2010
    clarksville,tennessee
    Actually the lease isn't a scam it's really great. I've been through a couple and you canlease up to a 2012

7. dynosaur

dynosaur Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Appreciate this thread. I just hired on with Henderson and will be going to orientation in the next week or so. I'm from San Francisco and recruiter said I will be going to Evanston, IL for orientation. Do they hold orientations on the West Coast?...Ooops, just read that they have no West Coast orientations. Can anyone tell me how the pet policy works? I have a pitbull that has ridden with me since she was 4 mos old, that's her in the photo. She weighs in at about 75 lbs. in case there's a weight restriction. I know some companies limit pets to 25 lbs. max.

8. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    You aren't going to Evanston IL for orientation, unless this is a different Henderson than the thread is about. Their terminals are Caseyville, IL and Salem, IL neither of them is near Evanston. You will do orientation in Caseyville (metro eat St Louis). They are phasing out the Salem yard all together slowly.

Pet policy is you have to pay a deposit (not sure how much). I'm pretty sure they'll take it out of your check so much at a time till it's all in. I know there are others who have pit bulls so that won't be an issue.

Any other questions let me know.

9. mike91118

mike91118 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2010
    clarksville,tennessee
    please i mean please dont get the new trucks2011/2012 my motor actually dropped on the ground luckly i was running the truck had to have it put on the back lowboy have it shipped from tucson arizona to the yard luckily i got my old truck back. o and last week i ran into the driver with that truck and ttold him that motor dropped on the ground and he said it wasnt the first time i had it dropped on the ground im surprise it didnt explode and the thing about it is when the compan sued they won and got 10 brand new trucks and are leasing them for 200000 and what do i get get 20 months off my lease ill have my truck paid off by next week

10. Sabine in Mo

Sabine in Mo Medium Load Member

May 11, 2006
    Fredericktown, MO
    Orientation is held in Caseyville, IL right outside of St. Louis.

Pet Policy is $300.00, taken out in $100.00 increments until paid. $250.- of that is refundable, unless you have damages. The other $50.00 they keep for cleaning. This is a one time fee, even if you move trucks.

I have been here over 3 years and am in my fourth truck now, this time a brand new 2012 Cascadia. I don't care for the truck, but oh well, no choice as a company driver. I had the choice for my new truck, but they were all the same year. So I picked the color I like.

11. Darky

Darky Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Twentynine Palms, CA
    Sounds like they went through a rough patch around 08-09ish based on the few threads I've been reading. How are things now? I'm getting ready to head to orientation Nov 26th.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.