Here Are Post Hurricane Tips If You Buy Used Cars

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Sep 30, 2022.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    This video was an eye opener for me. Because of it's large senior population,
    Florida is a treasure trove for these kinds of cars. I found a lot of them on Craigslist, for sale by owner.

4. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    I AVOID "super reliable vehicles" advertisements.

5. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I bought a car from that list for 3k and am very happy with it. Before I saw the video I almost bought a 2020 or newer vehicle because I thought there was nothing older and reliable unless I got super lucky and found an estate sale.
    I just don't think about buying cars that much. I bought a used one on ebay in 2010 for $4900, still running but time for a low cost upgrade.

6. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    The crown Vic and Buicks are usually very reliable , affordable and easy to work on. same with the gmt 400 and 800 Chevy pickups

buicks are usually a great deal , since they have no resale valise because young people don’t want them and old people always buy brand new cars and hardly ever buy used cars .

most old people buy a new Buick, park it in The garage and hardly every drive it .

another good car is the 91-97 Thunderbird and cougar , they are basically the same underneath as a mustang except they haven’t had a teenager driving it .
    It’s usually an elderly person .
    they are front engine rear wheel drive which makes them easy to work on , and they share parts with lots of other fords so the parts are common and affordable, and a lot of them are V-8 so it has plenty of power .

silverspur Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.