Here is a super truck for the ages

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Gunner75, Jan 24, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I actually have LED light bulbs in my place and 4 old style Incadascent still with us. The LED's are going on 5 years and counting.

When they are replaced in few years they will have self contained batteries capable of enduring power outages at least a day.

Plantfoam Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Even though we're only in January, I'm pretty sure this will hold up for Post of the Year. Well played, sir.

Plantfoam and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Wait...what?!

REO6205 Thanks this.
  5. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    He seemed like a d-bag at first but the more I kept reading, he seems like an ok guy.

Kinda off topic, I work food service where we wear uniforms, anyway I was about to leave my yard the other morning but had to step into the wharehouse where the outside carriers were in line checking in and the first thought that came to mind was these guys look like an obese version of county lockup, no wonder society has made truckers bottom of the barrel

Bob Dobalina and mustang190 Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We changed over to gas based bulbs 10 years ago and then to LED based bulbs in our home 5 years ago.

We have not had to replace any of the LED so far. There are new features being added to current LED house lights now. The power draw is very very little which helps with the power bill.

A long time ago power was cheap for a home. Not so anymore.

The electrician when he replaced our mains box and associated junctions after a burned through old one threatened to spark a proper burn down the house fire, he installed three foot 2 inch thick stranded copper between the house mains box and the incoming aluminum service drop above the rotating meter that counts the power bill. It reduced our then bill of about 200 a month down to less than 30, 20 of which is essentially administrated fees for the power company.

Going back to your question, I recognize and applaud the value of the previous poster thumping his American ### in the old style bulb etc. But moving to a modern technology that not only reduces the power draw to nothing, making it possible to run the house off the outside generator or even solar etc. during storms that cripple us here in Arkansas now and then. As a practical matter it works well.

7. Vandal26

Vandal26 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2018
    San Antonio
    Entirely awesome

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Don't know what he is bragging about. In my younger days, i did 3 Salinas to Hunts Point turns a week and took Sunday off. I didn't carry a logbook because no DOT cop car could catch me.

9. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I think this is a police sting. Too catch bad drivers

10. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Okay.

Bob Dobalina and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  11. captjimmy

captjimmy Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Florida
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.