Here is the dark secret we are not warned about.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Oldironfan, Aug 2, 2018.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    MSG is awesome. Always make sure I get my dose:

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I eat pretty clean. I'll admit that I eat out at fast food on occasion but rarely. We cut out a lot of msg, refined sugar, etc in our family. I live in the country so my kids are outside most of the time. There is a DEFINITE link to the illnesses today and how our food is made.

Oldironfan and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    And lack of exercise.

We used to make Chef Boy R D, pizza at home on occasion when I was a kid, and that was an event.

Once in a blue moon you went out for pizza.

Now, all you need to do is stumble to the door, get your TWO EXTRA large 3 toppings from Papa John for $20.

1200 calories of FAT a slice.

Lack of exercise is just as huge however.

Oldironfan and deathB4decaf Thank this.
  5. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    Most weight can be lost through diet. Exercise definitely helps but the way we eat effects our exercise.

We do pizza sometimes. Rarely. We are more apt to make it at home. Everyone gets their own toppings and it is personal sized.

It is unfortunate that people refuse to see that a lot of ailments are due to what they put in their body. I use to be the same way. (No way that burger made me lazy. I love burgers! lol) Now with the clean eating, juicing, etc... I can tell a huge difference.

D.Tibbitt, Dave_in_AZ and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I would very much like to know why high CAL, high fat, no nutrition, highly processed food is 3 times cheaper than fresh foods, like nuts, fruits, vegetables.

D.Tibbitt, frizzbees and driverdriver Thank this.
  7. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    I believe it is because they can then make the food in bulk and purchase the additives at a cheap rate. Also, supply and demand. If less people purchased it, the cost would definitely go up.

jt road hammer, Blackshack46 and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I think it's on purpose somehow. And high shelf life is always a good thing for profits. Along with msg making ordinary food addicting.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    They can park it in a warehouse for a year and you'll still eat it like it's going out of style, they don't care if it kills you over 30 years somebody else will be there to take your place.

deathB4decaf and Oldironfan Thank this.
  10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    *eyeroll*

11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    What you don't think I'm right? From what I've seen they're more concerned with what ends up in dog food than human food, I've delivered peas for dog food last load was road salt and they had to see a wash out receipt before they'd take it, then I've hauled a load of corn going for cornstarch or something previous load was urea fertilizer and they didn't care if it was washed out or even just swept didn't make any difference to them.

D.Tibbitt and Oldironfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.