HERE WE GO STARTING with PAM TRAINER

Discussion in 'PAM' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Mar 8, 2008.

1. colts832000

colts832000 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2008
    vincennes, in
    Well i just wanted to say thank you to brickman i read your post i went to C1 in indy and graduated last thursday on august 21st. I am now going with Pam although they keep telling me they have no trainer available to keep calling each day and check in. Now i am non smoker they didn't ask me if i prefered or not i don't have problem with smokers or smoke so when i call tomorrow ot check in should i tell them i would take a smoker for trainer would that speed up my process of finding trainer i need paycheck soon even if its only 300 dollars thanks again for the info on log it helped alot and good luck to you all. Brickman what part of indy ya from i live in southern indiana but wife originally from indy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ReDBuD_8

ReDBuD_8 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2008
    N.Carolina
    great thread here, learned alot in 3rd week training and going to decker so thanks for info seems there is the good , bad and the ugly out there which is what i expected but is allways good to hear from peeps in the know....thanks

4. johnny30062

johnny30062 Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Marietta, GA
    This has been an informative, educating, and entertaining thread. Thank you to those who have contributed and and extra thank you for those who have contributed regularly.

I have one question that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread. I'm not a driver nor have I ever been, so please excuse my ignorance. With PAM, if I live outside of Atlanta, how often do you think I would get home?

Thanks!

5. Pillsbury

Pillsbury Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2008
    NKC,mo
    APPX EVERY 3 TO 4 WEEKS:biggrin_25526:

6. crazyray

crazyray Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    arcadia LA
    I average home every other week, they have been real easy to get hometime, and usually I get it on exact date requested

7. The Real BRICKMAN

The Real BRICKMAN Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    Well, Hello every1 its been awhile since I have made a post . I will let you all know what I have been doing and where I now work. 1ST I worked for PAM as you all know, but I left after only 6months, I could not survive off the money I was making , I tried to do what every1 said deal with it for a year, but sitting for 2 or more days some times without a load and getting stuck in tonitown, and making 40 bucks or worse yet 25 when at tonitown I had to think about my options . I looked locally when home on a break for a job and was lucky and landed a job with United Van Lines. I LOVE my job with them they are a excellent comp. I worked locally driving only making 15bucks a HR but I did everything asked of me and they started having me take long haul loads paying me 225 a day then a opportunity presented itself .When a driver was out on leave getting his knees replaced again I took the ball an ran ,leasing his truck for 3 months,making 300 to 700 a day I run hard thru the end of 08 . He just got the truck back ,but I did a good job and now will be getting my own truck on 15th and will be a Owner Operator....... I am very grateful for how far I have come in this year. In these tough times all I can say is if the opportunity comes around with a good company give it 110% , Do everything asked legally to get the job done and make your loads on time very important !!!!!!! I will try and keep this thread going has been alot fun and seemed to be helpful to many so to all my fellow truckers . Keep the door shut and the wheels rolling thats how u get the miles!!!!!!!! (##) THE REAL BRICKMAN (##)

hxred81 Thanks this.
  8. Fooman

Fooman Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Wow, good job on the job.:thumbup:
    I would say the planets aligned and the stars were in place and you got some positive Karma helpin. lol. :headbang:
    Its good to hear something positive is happening out there once in a while!
    Congrats!:occasion5:

9. The Real BRICKMAN

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    :biggrin_2554:
    :biggrin_25517: TY , AS I SAID. I WORKED VERY HARD TO GET THIS . I ALSO KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING A TOUGH TIME NOW AND I THANK THE ONE ABOVE. .I will keep working hard and think good things will keep coming my way . As for PAM they are in bad shape i have heard they lowered there pay to 26 cents to start and no bonus ... they are 1 of bigger comp showing loses i would look to some other comp to start with now.. :biggrin_25512:

10. Fooman

Fooman Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yep, (not insinuating you didn't, just foolin with ya - stars/planets/karma...) sometimes hard work pays off, sometimes the employer don't give a squat (where I work).
    It is good to know there are still some people benefiting from doing it right (work ethic). Your story gives us all hope.
    Keep us updated on your adventures at United.

11. The Real BRICKMAN

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    I will ,good luck in the 09 year to come. I pick up my new truck tommorrow and take off to NEBBRASKA on fri ; been off the road now for 3 weeks, worked locally I live here in Indianapolis and when I~m off from being over the road . The boss likes to work me here Im hoping here in the near future to come home from working and get a few days to spend recoping and spend time with the family instead of coming home from work and going right back to it here locally. LOL In his world he thinks if you can work you should work, but I think if your on the road working 3 or 4 weeks you need a break .I got as far as I have with them working my ### off, but now I will have my own truck and will be able to say cant do it in the future unless it just slows down . I didnt see it slowing at all the 3months i was leasing the truck, I was making 2500 to 4000 a week and i hope it continues,and even gets better in the spring thru fall. I do speacial com. and trade shows very little residental and i love it CHOPPING AT THE BIT TO GET BACK ON ROAD CANT WAIT TILL FRIDAY !!!!!!! WILL get back on here from the road and plan to start keeping at this more often take it easy foomangoo

Fooman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.