HERE WE GO STARTING with PAM TRAINER

Discussion in 'PAM' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Mar 8, 2008.

1. oldscholar

oldscholar Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2009
    San Rafael, CA
    Does PAM run out of California? I got my Class A with all the endorsements but have never used it. If anyone has any advice for someone in my shoes, I'm open for it. I've tried Schneider but they're not accepting inexperienced drivers right now. You need 6 months to be considered.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Real BRICKMAN

The Real BRICKMAN Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    I would look for a local company to work for to get that experience. You should keep looking as you work for a local company ,you might not make great money working locally but you need the exp..the money will come if you have the CDL you should use it ,, GOOD LUCK.................

4. digitaldiva1229

digitaldiva1229 Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Crosby, Texas
    I'm just curious as to how many drivers with PAM have gotten trucks since Christmas. My husband finished with drivers Solution in Fort Worth in October, Went on the road with a trainer 11/03, finished his final training in Tontitown 12/11 and was on th list for a truck but they sent every on home, about 30 men. As of today he still does not have a truck and has been told that no one from before Chritmas has rceived a truck.

5. crazyray

crazyray Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    arcadia LA
    Well as of Friday Pam has started laying off drivers, so would say that no new drivers will be getting trks anytime soon, sure hope things turn around quickly. believe that there was a total of 150 drivers laid off last week

6. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    that couldve been to get 150 newer cheaper drivers in the seat as well...

no off meant to the new guys

7. goose_ohio

goose_ohio Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2008
    mansfield, oh
    that is funny cause they are advertising all over ohio area for new hires and paid training hummm starting to sound like old swifty scam

8. chaser1

chaser1 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2008
    detroit,michigan
    is pam continuing with the layoffs ?? Gosh darn, that is a bummer...hope things start picking up soon...........

9. crazyray

crazyray Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    arcadia LA
    Well as I have spoke with PSTI personel they have taken 350 trucks off road since Dec 1st. This would include tightened safety standards, less tolerance for repeative log infractions, and also a layoff of about 150 drivers/ students, this is planned to be a reduction in capacity to be revisited by end of 1st quarter.

10. BamaTrucker

BamaTrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Gadsden, Alabama
    yeah if you signed up with Drivers Solutions and you havent recieved a truck or been told you are laid off by pam, then you arent likely coming back anytime soon.

11. The Real BRICKMAN

The Real BRICKMAN Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    :biggrin_2554:Wonder, If they will be shuting the doors. When I checked recently they where down to only having PAM and USA trucking sponsering them if USA is in as bad a shape as PAM. Where will there drivers be able to go with a CDL from them. I am just glad I made my move and got away from PAM , when I did good luck to all of you still hanging in there..:biggrin_25512:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.