HERE WE GO STARTING with PAM TRAINER

Discussion in 'PAM' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Mar 8, 2008.

1. WikidMajik

WikidMajik Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Now, I saw that with PAM, you have your 3 week classes at Driver Solutions. Afterwards, you do the trainer phase.
    I was told that after the trainer phase, i'd be running as a team for the first 6 months # .17 1/2 per mile. However, if there is no trainer available, i'd run solo until a teammate was available. What i'm wondering is, if I end up running solo after the trainer phase, will I be making the .17 1/2 mi or if they have another figure?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jasper_truck86

jasper_truck86 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Georgia
    Do you have a choice to run teams or solo? When I was headed to C1 before, I was told that I'd be a solo driver for PAM if I got my CDL's.

If PAM's website is up-to-date, they are currently paying $0.25 cpm if you do the "Basic" contract. The "Classic Contract" requires a $495 down payment but raises your pay to $0.26 cpm. If you pay for the entire schooling up front, they pay you $0.27 cpm and reimburse you $25/week but I don't know for how long. All of these options currently include a $1,200 sign-on bonus.

If you are like me, the $495 down payment for the "Classic" contract would be better used going towards food and stuff I needed for the 3 weeks of school and to start with my trainer.

Now at $0.25 cpm I do not believe that there is any way you can make $35,000 per year. I just don't. That would amount to 140,000 miles/year at an average rate of almost 2,700 miles/week and I just don't see that happening from all of the chatter I've read from other drivers. It is probably possible to gross $25-26k on $0.25 CPM and you could hope to make around $19,000/year depending on how you file your taxes.

Overall, sounds like a lot of work for little pay. Oh wait, did I just talk myself into or out of driving for PAM? Oh well, gotta start somewhere! :biggrin_25523:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  4. edgarsv

edgarsv Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2010
    hello i have a question for you.im planing to attend the c1 in indiana.and i been approve for pam,
    my questions is ,how much of home time i can expect?
    and i been promise that i will be making averege about $600 to $750
    is that true?i only ask cause im new to this.and i always wanted to drive big trucks,,
    what ur advise/.??
    thnks
    edgar

5. jasper_truck86

jasper_truck86 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Georgia
    At least PAM pays $0.25 cpm. CRST only pays $0.22

6. t_wilson0321

t_wilson0321 <strong>Adjustable Wench</strong>

Jan 23, 2008
    on the road again
    OMG! They only pay .25 a mile at PAM? I drove for them for a few months, and I started out at .34 a mile. Only there for a few months though, as they were supposed to hire my hubby so we could run team on the auto fleet, sent him through orientation, did his paperwork, then decided at last second they weren't going to hire him after all. So now we team with another company.

7. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Fresh off a trainer truck you made $.34 cpm? I find that incredibly hard to believe. I'm a trainer and have been with the company for 3 years and I make $.33½ cpm when I'm solo.

8. Abraham

Abraham Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Frazeysaburg, Ohio
    i find 34 cents hard to believe too. Roadmasters say there companies pay 28 cents, that was one of there selling points. I was talking to them about Driver solutions and Pam one day I went in there.

9. jerzeyboy74

jerzeyboy74 Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2010
    augusta ga
    hey jerzeyboy74 here just about to start driver solutions in 2weeks and thinking about pam how is the equipment and how long are you in training before you get your own truck,also is it true you have to supply your own cb...

10. jerzeyboy74

jerzeyboy74 Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2010
    augusta ga
    im looking to start ds in about 2weeks and drive for pam but not to sure on how long the training is after school before you get your own truck and also not sure of the equipment.i also want to know if its true that with pam and usa you have to supply your own cb and cant add anything to the trucks like a refrigerator or tv

11. jezter5677

jezter5677 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    there are not many companies out there that supply you a cb, and as far as adding stuff to your truck, your not allowed to add inverters that have to be wired to the battery, just the ones with the 12v plugs on them. But you can find tv's and refers that also have 12v plugs. I have a tv, refer, and my laptop in the truck with me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.