HERE WE GO STARTING with PAM TRAINER

Discussion in 'PAM' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Mar 8, 2008.

1. dd6767

dd6767 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2007
    New Port Richey, FL

Thanks Chip. I found there web site. Sounds good. As I talk to more companies it sounds like more and more companies are moving to the auto shifts and automatics anyway. AFS was indeed the company that I was looking at before PAM. I will give them a ring and see what they say. Thanks again Chip.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ricobull

ricobull Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    Video- you online?

4. ricobull

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    Videodrome, was wondering if you tell me about the area that the C1 school and hotel is in, as I mentioned before I will be attending that school in mid april. Just wondering about safety and convenience of stores for amenities?

5. ChipW

ChipW Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Chester, SC
    I don't know about how all the C1 motels are, but in Ft. Wayne, IN it was nothing more than a room you shared with one other person with a bed and a bathroom... Safe? Not really.... They take the cheapest they can find and charge you an arm and a kneecap for it...

6. ricobull

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    Hey Chip, are you online?

7. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    C1 is located inside a shipping/receiving area on Coliseum Blvd.. The hotel I stayed at was about 10 minutes away on 930. It was certainly basic but at least it had a microwave and a fridge.

I'm not sure if they'll keep using it though because so many students complained about it. As for my room sometimes I would get a whiff of a weird smell so I bought some scented candles from Kroger. I think something underneath the hotel was starting to rot. Like I said though C1 might be discontinuing their contract with that place.

As for stores there is a plaza to the East on 930 that has a Kroger and a Dollar General. Past that is a Subway, Arby's, and a Rally's. Going north on Coliseum Blvd. there are more restaurants and a mall. I went to the IHOP a few times for breakfast.

8. ricobull

Mar 5, 2008
    Midwest
    Thanks for the info. Did you get hooked up with your trainer yet?

9. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Not yet. I'm supposed to call them tomorrow and hopefully find out when my PAM training will start.

10. The Real BRICKMAN

The Real BRICKMAN Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2008
    INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA
    :biggrin_25513:Well where to start i get onthe truck and he has me drive to port huron mich start driving at 9p m drive till 330 am he says after 30 min will im going to lay down I say ok .. SO I do fine and get us there no prob we haft to wait till 7 am to get unloaded he starts driving and never says any thing to me till 8pm that I will be taking the load we have now in to NC so i think sh it i only got 3 hours sleep after droping in MICH the night before so I jump up in bunk and try to get some sleep and get prepared, so he stops at 10pm after telling me he will drive till midnight. So I get up and get going I make it till 330 am, now im driving in the smokey mountains and it`s called this for a reason! Now he gripes about how I only drove for 5 half hours I tell him dude I`ve been going to bed at 9pm and getting up at 5am for years so it will take me alittle time to get use to sleeping in truck, not to mention when its moving . I forgot to mention no radio is aloud in HIS TRUCK allso he has no personallity and when he is up not sleeping when im driving he just sits and does nothing very shoRt with any answers to my questions.. Then he always has this headset on his head and screams about his home life to his wife. so friday comes and I drive for 13!!!!! Yes 13 hours 800 miles straight to larado and when we get there no good job, just complaning!!!!! Then he does what BREAK THE CAMELS BACK AND CALLS ME A WHINY ##### AFTER I SUGGESTED we grab are next load and drive north cause are airconditioning is broke and its 140 deg IN THE TRUCK 140 DEG IN TRUCK I TOLD HIM GO ## CK HIS SELF AND IM NOW IN A HOTEL IN DALLAS WAITING FOR A NEW TRAINER ....This has to be the worst nightmear of a trainer. I would take Sadam Hussain over this guy Im stunded about this. I was so ready and I know I can drive Legally WITH ANY ONE,, I LEFT OUT THAT HE MADE ME PUT ON LOGS DIFFFERT TIME THEN WHEN I DROVE I LEFT LITTLE ROCK AT 3 AM GOT THERE AT 4 15 PM AND STOPEDD TWICE FOR NO MORE THAN 20 MINUTES AND HE SAID TO WRIGHT STARTED AT 315 AM AND STOPED AT 215 PM ALSO SAID WRIGHT 704 MILES I DROVE WHEN I KNOW I DROVE 780 ALSO I got on truck on sunday at 830 pm and took a shower on wesnday and did`nt get another till I got in this hotel PAM is paying for. I decided at 2am last night after being up 23 hours driving 13 plus hour being called a whinny ##### that this big fat dumb ### hick with a personallity of a rock can go to HELL and I called and told them what was goin on and I wanted a new trainer and get off his truck im now trying to get some rest and hoping and praying for somene decent but anyone will be better than him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2551::biggrin_25523:

Everett Thanks this.
  11. red_house

red_house Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Kind of hard to follow your post, but I gather you are not too happy thus far. Was hoping for an unbiased, reasonable account of your experiences, since I have a reason to consider trying PAM, as well. Hopefully your next trainer will be more to your liking......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.