HERE WE GO STARTING with PAM TRAINER

Discussion in 'PAM' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Mar 8, 2008.

1. skokz

skokz Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Garner, NC
    If you where doing 3200 to 3500 every week you had to be doing a lot of 34 hour restarts on the road. 2700 to 2900 that's a average 5 days but then the weekend is where I got screwed on runs or had to sit. It's all about dm's I was good for the first eight months when had dm from north Jackson. After I got switched to tonititown dm's everything went to #### so I started looking for better setup. Plus I never got the auto luxury that a lot of drivers did, I was on open freight board.
    3200 to 3500 in a slow truck is possible but 3500 to 4000 is gonna be #### near impossible you might get it once awhile but not enough to say you average it.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    You can't do 3500 miles without a restart? Something doesn't sound right.

As far as the auto board is considered, that's usually for teams or trainers. I've seen VERY few solo guys on the auto board. Now, before 2008, the auto board was mostly solo, but things changed when they shut down a lot of plants back then. These plants aren't ordering surplus parts anymore. They're ordering on an as need basis. Thus, teams are required.

4. skokz

skokz Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Garner, NC
    I never said you couldn't do 3500 with a restart. If you where to average that each week explain how cause your gonna be near your 70. Im already at 60 hours this week with 3200 and I'm only on day 5. I mean unless I'm missing something here.

5. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    It's not that difficult. And you don't need a reset just because you're approaching your 70. You'll get some hours on your 8th day and every day after. I promise. ;)

6. skokz

skokz Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Garner, NC
    Well im out now on 6th day and when the 8th day returns hour. I'll have 34 restart, imagine that. Sure I'll get hours back if I work less than the 11 hours on the 8th day or get shorter runs.

7. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Most of the times I did it was because I had a monday delivery and was able to get the reset in sat night and sunday. deliver monday with fresh 70, run out my hours. The only way to do it really is to get good loads. I didn't have to worry about it much because I was a trainer and always got long runs anyway, but when I was solo, my DM still gave me decent runs because he knew i would not be late. In 2 years, I was never late to a p/u or del unless it was beyond my control.

8. shadow600

shadow600 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2012
    marion nc
    Been livein on borrowed time for2 weeks now

9. sammccorison

sammccorison Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Hey Guys. Not yet have my training date set yet but I'm looking to start in DEC through C1 and then work for PAM. Now I'm on unemployment now but once the training is done and you start orientation you start the 300 a week. Now is there a wait period between the C1 and going to orientation/trainer drive time? Or do they send you to orientation then home to wait for a trainer? I'm just trying to plan how long I can stay on unemployment.

10. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Once you're done with C1, PAM will then send you to Tontitown to do the week long orientation/training, then they'll either keep you in Tontitown or bus you to a terminal and you'll await your trainer then. You won't go home between the week long orientation in Tontitown and being picked up by a trainer.

11. sammccorison

sammccorison Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Is there a wait between c1 and orientation? While i'm in training I will still be able to collect. So I just hope there isn't any long delays when they hire me and start paying me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.