hey fellas, good news!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by uscscott, Mar 2, 2019.

1. uscscott

uscscott Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2019
    Got a call from the recruiter from a carrier here near me. He offered me a job and asked about my DMV MVR. Told him i paid for and pulled a 3 yr and a 10yr. from the SCDMV. Only thing on the report was a speeding ticket not over 10 mph a few yrs back. He said great. And went on to say that we give 2nd chances anyway if the criminal hx has any black marks on it not to worry. I kinda got excited about that. But, after thinking about it a few hrs later I called him on my way to an AA meeting in Charlotte. I started to feel sick to my stomach as I knew that if they pulled the SLED report from the state it would show my rowdy past. I paid 26.00 earlier today and pulled it as I really needed to know for sure what the background check would reveal. 1980, 2 Dui's and later the same yr. 1980 possession of quaaludes 3 and simple possession mj. I was in the service at the time. But the USAF kept me in any way and therefore got the Honorable Discharge 2 yrs later 1982. 1983 that last DUI. Except for the speeding which has long ago restored my points. Nothing else. He listened and said listen pal. If its not on your DMV driving record. We dont need to worry about it as the insurance WONT be affected. He went on to say alot of us do plenty of stupid stuff in our youth. Not to worry about it. Go get my CDL-a and he would put me to work right away. OTR. Tell ya boys that was REALLY good to hear!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uscscott

uscscott Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2019
    Sorry this is uscscott. forgot to log in

4. uscscott

uscscott Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2019
    Hey guys, given the info I provided I am going to guess that there is no way for me to get hazmat certified? Since they finger print and do a full back ground. Any feedback on that? thanks guys.

5. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Don't know try it and see,,Chinatown Will be here soon and is more knowledgeable about the subject

Mooseontheloose and RoadRooster Thank this.
  6. uscscott

uscscott Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2019
    thanks glide.

7. Tbone$

Tbone$ Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Kentucky
    Hey man, in my opinion, which I am not Hazmat certified I still think that you will be just fine. The issues were in the 80's which was quite some time ago. When filling out the applications for anything pay attention to what it asks for and answer accordingly. For instance a question may ask, "Have you had any dui's within the last 10 years?" In your case the answer would be NO! Dont sweat it. What carrier was it?

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You're good to go on the hazmat. I know drivers with dishonorable discharge and prison time and qualified for hazmat.

9. uscscott

uscscott Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2019
    Carolina Cargo. Rock Hill ,Richburg, SC. Long Haul mostly if not all teams. But it is a start!

10. uscscott

uscscott Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2019
    good to know China!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Tombstone69 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.