Hey, guys. Just wanted to know a few things about Swift..

Discussion in 'Swift' started by swmtothemoon, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Mikey4374

Mikey4374 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2017
    California
    I wouldn't be saying that if I were not there before

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Didn' make it past your fist load solo. So what real experience do you have with Swift? None except for training lol

A21CAV Thanks this.
  4. Mikey4374

Mikey4374 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2017
    California
    After training and my first load, I met my driver manager who was an Ahole. I should've just got on my knees and planted my lips on those driver manager buttcheeks like you did when you were at swift. Lol

5. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Sounds like you are the a hole. Look at yourself and don' assume everyone is like you. Loser

6. Mikey4374

Mikey4374 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2017
    California
    What makes you think I assume everyone is like me? Think before you speak please because your words are lacking sense. Lol

7. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    1. How long are the average wait times between deliveries? I don't want to get shafted and have to spend 24 hours waiting for my next run.

It depends. I waited for 4 days in Sumner, Washington once to get another load. Nobody would return phone calls, when I would call I would be placed on hold and the line would mysteriously disconnect, nobody would answer the Qualcomm. I ended up sitting around until they finally gave me another load. It's going to happen.

2. What are the minimum hours that I have to work each week? The recruiter said the max was 70 but I can't remember the min off the top of my head.

Summary of Hours of Service Regulations

3. The recruiter offered me $.37 a mile. Is this bad? After I did the math of driving 2200 miles a week I averaged $37,000 a year.

I started at 36cpm. Whatever you recruiter tells you, get it in writing. It never happened if it isn't in writing.

4. Are there beds on the trucks? Or do you get a hotel after your delivery? (yes, I will be driving across the country as well)

Yes, you'll sleep in the truck for weeks or months on end.

5. Is there really a driver cam that watches your every move???

Forward facing camera, yes. You are now allowed to cover up the driver facing camera.

8. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    If you are sitting at a terminal waiting for a load... walk up to dispatch window and see if they have anything you can do. Even accept a local live unload(you will end up with an empty for next load). Normally.. You will get a nice lreplan as a thank you for helping out the local dept. . Worked for me a few times

9. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    That' because you don' have any sense

10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    S. Slow
    W. working
    I intensely
    F focused
    T truckers

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    That has not been true for many months. Where are you getting your information?
    Because it is not up to date.

The driver facing camera has been disabled, and the driver can even cover it if they still they feel the need to.
    The only stipulation is that you do not damage the lens in the process.

And if you waited 4 days at Sumner for a load you are doing something wrong.
    The people in planning are available to drivers there. Not even a window - you can walk right to their desk at any time and speak with them. Go to the second floor and it's the first door on the left. Open door policy.
    I've gotten some choice loads out of Sumner by speaking directly to the planners. I don't think I have ever spent over a day there, even when loads were tight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.