Hey truckers

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by MichaelBE, Mar 29, 2018.

1. MichaelBE

MichaelBE Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Belguim
    let me introduce myself here on the forum.
    I’m a 48 year old trucker from Belgium and have family living in Daytona Florida. I like to drive a truck in the US and I’m searching for a companie that is willing to sponsor me so I can make a living in the US.
    I know it’s a hole other ballgame then in Europe but I got 14 years of experience as an international driver in Europe. You guys call that OTR. That’s the main goal here. I like to find a good companie for a job OTR and willing to be 6 to 8 weeks from home.
    I started out driving with reefers, containers and after 5 years got a job with a tanker companie. There I specialized in gas transport but the companie couldn’t give me OTR anymore so I moved on to work in a factory. Bad choice but OTR is not option anymore for many companies in belguim. Now I wanna pick up my happy job again and I could use some help from you guys.
    It would be great if you guys have some tips for me to make this happen.
    Thanks in advance.
    And like we say in Europe....keep the shiny site up.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Dan.S and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you're not married, then marry an American citizen. That's the fastest way to legally immigrate.

Brucely and Bakerman Thank this.
  4. MichaelBE

MichaelBE Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Belguim
    Thanks for the response buddy and indeed I’m single and the goal is to live and work in the US. Still I’m gonna need a job and because I always loved trucking is that for me the way to go.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It's really hard to immigrate right now because existing laws are being enforced. That's why I recommend marrying an American woman, then you can immigrate in a few months. Maybe your family in Daytona can fix you up or you can get a mail-order bride on the website blossoms.com
    Let the website staff do the paper work because they know all the legal ways to get the visa/green card approved.
    You won't have any problem getting work driving once you're here.
    I know someone right now that's trying to immigrate to America by being sponsored by their family member. It's been years and they haven't even reached the interview stage at the embassy yet.
    If you go the marriage route, you can be here in 8 to 12 months.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Brucely Thanks this.
  6. Brucely

Brucely Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    On a realy off-topic note, if your Dayton family are 1st or 2nd cousins, you can marry them legally. Of course, it wont be a personal marriage LOL. Just get married for long enough that you're a citizen, then divorce if it's yucky.

But, that aside, I just wanted to say your english is really good for someone who is not from Britain or the U.S. or Australia!

From reading your post it sounds like you've done yoru research on US trucking, so i think u'll do well! Tbh, i think you'd do better than most experienced US truckers :)

Paul T800 Thanks this.
  7. Paul T800

Paul T800 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2018
    The Thumb, Michigan
    English in the EU is basically a non-official second language. I know nobody on the other side of the pond that doesn't speak at the very least a decent English, besides the older generations or some rare case(the rare cases knows always at least a basic English).

Reason why? Pretty simple, since the European Union, people moving everywhere inside the union, working, living, freely wherever they want...We needed a common language in order to communicate each other. For that reasons schools really enforced English classes in the last 30-35 years.
    I am Italian and I fluently speak English since I was 12. Nowadays is basically my main language.

@MichaelBE I live in US. Contracted with Swift and I will start to drive for them soon. If you have questions just ask and I will try my best :)

Brucely and Dan.S Thank this.
  8. Brucely

Brucely Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I dont know or think thats true because then americans would not complain about a language barrier when going to europe.

also if it's relaly true then that makes me feel more apt to visit europe and not have a problem just speaking english everywhere like a stupid american who expects the whole world to know his language XD

9. Julian85

Julian85 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2018
    Amsterdam
    It is true. Most people speaks english in EU. Except germans. They dont want to LOL. and that is not learned necessary in school. I have learned it from cartoon network but improved it in my years living in UK.
    Now... talking about a more "delicate" subject. Im looking to move to US as well. Been on holiday there (new york and miami) and i love. Miami is the perfect place for me looool. Beach. Heath. Alot of pretty nice women... etc.
    But im still trying to figure out how this "order by mail bride" works. Necause to find one for real... or outside those website i find it marely impossible. So if anyone has any advices or know someone who could help i'll be very grateful. Thank you. And bless you all

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.