Hi can someone help me understand fuel route

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dreadheadtrucker, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Dreadheadtrucker

Dreadheadtrucker Bobtail Member

May 25, 2017
    Here's a pix of one of my routes but I don't understand where to get fuel at I'm on a dedicated account by the way I I keel fueling up at the dc I want to understand the route so I don't have to keep asking them.... 1498241633382-49440282.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dreadheadtrucker

May 25, 2017
  4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    My advice would be to look at an atlas and map it yourself to see what is along your route

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Do you have full tanks of fuel?

I-75 and GA 20 West. Link shows GA 20 in red going southeast to north and around atlanta to the west up 75 to get there.

Georgia State Route 20 - Wikipedia

GA 20 west turns into People's valley road NW which serves a large Railhead Trinity Industrial Park which ALSO has a Americold Facility there is also a Ameristeel mill up there against 75 more or less.

Basically Cartersville. There are 4 to 5 truckstops in the area.

TA comes to mind as does a pilot up there on 75 in Cartersville.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Car...06!4f13.1;tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:3

As far as I am concerned.. you carry 300 gallons of fuel and you can run about Georgia all week doing these 5 stops locally.

Just remember to fuel up either Petro bankhead west of Atlanta on 285, avoid downtown atlanta at all costs and there is a bad fallen bridge in the area as well.

When you finish bouncing around that part of Georgia and get dispatched to Phoenix or something, fuel her up but good before you leave town.

Dreadheadtrucker Thanks this.
  6. Dreadheadtrucker

May 25, 2017
    Thnx thats where my 1st stops was at Cartersville ....I was thinking along those routes I could stop at one the truck stops I see but wasn't sure

7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well, there is a Petro at the bankhead on west side of 285 beltway in atlanta. That one is a little bit predators and parasites, do not allow anyone to spin a sob story taking up your time at the fuel line how they got ripped off trying to lump some freight or other. Their problems and schemes for scamming is literally not your problem in life, Don't allow it to be.

Cartersville is rather plentiful in fuel. Loves, TA, pilot etc. It would make a good base until you get to the south west of Atlanta for your last stop or two. So I don't see fuel as a problem. You can probably buy a stack of subway subs a foot long and eat on that a couple of days. that takes care of your food problem while you run around making stops.

Im betting you are either flat or reefer most likely.

I hope things work out for you. write back any time with any more questions. We are here to help.

8. Dreadheadtrucker

May 25, 2017
    Reefer.....and thnx I will

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Fill your reefer where possible. Especially if Americold gets you stuck there a couple of days waiting.

Don't forget to have some means of getting some of your tractor fuel tank into feeding that reefer tank. It's a little bit less of dam if you do and dam if you don't versus running out of reefer fuel.

10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    There are no fuel stops specified on that route. If your company normally tells you where you have to fuel then this fuel route is probably assuming you already have enough fuel on board to run the route.

gentleroger and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Certainly.

However I paid for not having enough fuel a time or two in blood, tears and losses.

Because of that I fuel daily. Sometimes twice a day. Fuel = Life. Your next load will require you to have fuel pretty quick. It will be good to have almost full tanks when dispatch tires of playing with you around Atlanta.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.