Hiding Income From Ex-Wife

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by jmccade, Jun 26, 2008.

1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    with 7 ex-wives i dont know if living right is correct , very lucky may be more appropriate, lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    I believe Allow Me was makin a funny about Henry VIII.

I figured as much regarding SS. This is one of those times I regret not being home when the mail gets there. I would have never let him sign that paper.

4. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    I see this person only posted one time and it was 2 weeks ago but I wanted to comment on this:

From someone who recently has gone through a divorce-the law does not care if you are a man or woman! The law sees marriage as a ''finacial'' agreement and basically the spouse who makes more money LOSES in a divorce!

My ex didn't work for 5 years- I PAY HIM support and he got 1/2 MY retirement and a boat load of cash, vehicles (truck and boat) and tons of things from MY House (before the marriage) The court basically said it was MY responsiblity to support him.

sorry sometimes the woman takes it up the backside too...........
    we are not all 'bad' and 'greedy'

Injun Thanks this.
  5. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    No Injun, my private agreement with her states it ends when kids turn 18 or graduate from high school, whichever comes first. Although if my kids need college funds, I will take care of it, but on MY terms, not the ex-wife's. My youngest are two twin girls, both 16..2 more years and it's over for me. I hate being tied to her still, because of money. It's almost like a divorce that never ends..

6. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    And this is true also. It's all a numbers game and the courts don't care if the non custodial parent ends up living under a bridge somewhere..In my case I was surprised that the courts do not care what your living expenses may be. The only things they deducted from my income calculations were union dues and health insurance. Rent, utilities, car payment etc. did not count in figuring income.

sammycat Thanks this.
  7. Bikerboy

Bikerboy Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Canada
    Sounds much simpler to NOT get married and NOT have kids!

8. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Some times the rental systems looks good. lol

9. blanco

blanco Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Gwinnett County, GA
    Lol @ passing thru. Lease purchase ? Naaa. Like they say, sometimes, its cheaper to keep em.. I. Too have been thru court system and it sucks. I now have custody of my daughters and they hate going to moms. No food in pantry, mom had another kid and was using daughtter as babay sitter while she went partying. They are both A students due to my now-wife helping them with daily homework.

10. blanco

blanco Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Gwinnett County, GA
    I wonder how other countries deal with this issue. Islam would be chopping heads methinks. Or it could be "tough ####", you are on your own if you divorce.

Going to google now

11. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    same goes for my S.O. who pays support.
    She lied about her income and got away with it for a year (not sure how but 'magically' at the final hearing her income went up $13,500 in ONE year!!) while he lived on a take home pay that barely put gas in the POV and some food and he lived in a crappy hotel. Basically that was it. You are right-- the courts do NOT care what you have left. I am all for supporting your kids-- but not at the expense that the person paying support loses everything and may even lose their JOB to support their kids due to the support they pay! And you are correct that the person paying support has NO say in how the money is spent. Funny how the kids say they don't have stuff but the ex was going out alot.....

BTW suppose (depending on your state) should end with HS graduation age 18 or age 19 and no HS graduation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.