High TEMPERATURE

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by UVIGY, Mar 20, 2020.

1. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    I have a volvo 2006 ved12 13sp.
    Yesterday went to Tennessee try to turn the ac because was hot outside but ac blow not that cold air, stopped on a rest area to check what is going on, right after I stopped the temperature of the truck start going up. Any suggestions.
    Thanks

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    sounds like engine fan not coming on

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    No the fan start working when the temperature arrived 200, then it is going down to normal and after couple minutes starts going up again till the fan star working again, the ac is on but doesn't blow cold air

Rideandrepair and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The engine coolant temperature? The engine oil temperature? The cab air temperature? The Sleeper Temperature? The transmission Temperature? The Axle Temperature? Or the Exhaust Temperature?

If I read your original post several times, you are saying the cab AC is not cooling you down while blowing hot air.

The situation is one of two things. Your coolant INSIDE the airconditoning compressor is empty. While it is empty you run the compressor trying to to get AC, and you end up burning it up. And go to Dealer to replace it for somewhere between 1200 to 2000 dollars bill. The reward is a very good AC system.

It is very important to have AC and also to have Heat. If you do not have cooling and get hot, your life is in danger notto mention getting cranky and mad mad because your company is too cheap to fix AC

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Your AC Compressor is probably empty and force the engine to REALLY work hard to turn it. Thats why shes having a hard time staying cool at what is supposed to be idle.

7. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    I am sorry man.
    The coolant temperature goes high.
    Yes I think you're right, I touched the pipes going out from the ac compressor and they are really hot I think they shouldn't be like that hot.
    Can you tell me what to do?
    Should I buy freon and charge it till I get home (Michigan) and then go somewhere to check it?

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No need to be sorry. Bygones are forgotten.

You can go to walmart buy a couple of those cans of self charging. Or spend 40 dollars and have any mechanic feed the thing just enough freon (ActuallY R14 I think it's called or something completely different.

*(I actually still have a old time can of freon, sealed at my old house... it would be most interesting after 40 years if the #### thing will still function if introduced into a older car properly.)

When you get home you can have someone skilled in AC systems to trace the root cause of the compressor failure, either a buned up compressor belt clutch, compressor itself, condenser.... or shorts in electricity. I am willing to bet the farm that the compressor is bad and is DRAGGING down your ENGINE causing it to work really hard while it roasts the now junk Compressor.

9. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    God bless you brother.
    I watched some you tube videos as far as I understand I should charge it tru the low pressure point.
    And they showing some a134 brand is this what I gotta us?

10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats what I do with my tahoe now and then until I can make a decsion to either scrap the whole thing or drop a new engine and trans into mine and it will come with it's own AC stuff as well. Here in the south its almost required.

A134 should be ok, just keep in mind that old style Freon from the 70's era is totally banned. Im not even sure if you can legally possess the stuff. Maybe for historical vehicles somehow.

I locate one of two covered bolts, remove it plug in the can with gauge and then proceed to feed it. usually empties the can and that's enough to tide the system over until it leaks it all out again.

11. UVIGY

UVIGY Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Thank you very much.
    I have Walmart right next to me they open tomorrow at 7am will buy some a134 an hope it will work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.