High Winds Blow Over 7 Semis in Tennessee River Bridge

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by SilverBulletBand, Oct 26, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not that day. It did not scare me too bad. (Shows how stupid I was... ugh.)

The rest of the incidents Ive told stories about were pretty scary, if you took whats left of your life to consider the problem. I was just too busy trying to save the world or at least myself. Stoney Ridge Ohio below the truckstops would have been the place where I needed shorts. But I was too angry at the yellow lesabre convertable with drunken teens doing what they did.

That midroof volvo would not have done well at all vs a 72 era tank and steel beams in the coveredwagon.

I just don't dwell on it.

SilverBulletBand Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I do not know what the best thing to do is, but twice I have stopped in high winds when empty, just to take off and keep moving, both times I am sure it was going to turn me over if I stayed sitting still, seems like just holding it steady helps some.
    I now have to pull empty vans out of prudhoe and at times the wind can be unreal. Most of the times the vans will be 3 or 4 axle heavy spec vans, they are not so bad, but once in a while the dispatcher will tell you, you are going to hate me and you draw a 2 axle light weight lower 48 rig, on ice I have had them slide around to the snow burm on the opposite side of the road, our tractors we use here are heavier and I think that helps, but sometimes it will take one right off the road.

x1Heavy and Cabinover101 Thank this.
  4. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Very well could have been a Down burst

SilverBulletBand Thanks this.
  5. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    I actually have video on my phone of a guy jumping off that bridge in Twin Falls with a parachute

6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You should try the New River Gorge in WVa on the way to Sandstone Mtn.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Here's a golden nugget that no one has mentioned.
    If you watch the OP's Twitter link video and then read the Twitter comments below it you'll find all kinds of news outlets asking for permission to use the footage... which the filmer grants.

CNN asks to use it, and he replies..
    "I'm more of a FOX viewer, but knock yourself out".

Lmao.

sdaniel and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Is that the bridge Billy Joe MacAllister jumped off?:eek: That boy never had a lick of sense, pass the biscuits please,,

9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Should have said pay me. lol

10. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I didn’t read all 5 pages of replies, but....

At some point common sense has to kick and you think to yourself “hey maybe I should pull over and park it for a while before I get flopped over”.....

or not ?? :-?

and pulling over on a bridge might not be great idea either in heavy winds... :thumbup:

11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats why I don't "Do" those kinds of videos so much. Things that I have seen many times don't bother me. But the squeals and anguish into OMG or something is too theatrical.

I would hate to step off a Baltimore street corner and get slammed by a city bus and show up at st peters with the OMFG on my last words... no thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.