Higher pay for Florida loads FEMA pay?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Oct 4, 2022.

1. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    They’d have to pay me by the hour to drive and sit for hours and try to figure out which roads were open etc

no way I’d do it for per mile pay unless it was double the rate it was week before last .

you’re gonna be sitting for hours
    Maybe days .
    And if the fed gov is actually involved , it’s definitely gonna be a cluster , the govt can’t even synchronize traffic lights and patch potholes in normal times .

and remember FEMA used to be run by a person who’s previous job was judging horse shows , and had zero zero experience with emergency response .

and I doubt much has changed since all appointed federal jobs are just handed out as political favors to incompetent morons .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I should have been more specific. Tampa outbound to Midwest.

Siinman and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Because I wasn’t arguing or demanding if I should get paid more. A company driver I ran into said he was, so I was asking. I’m well aware of the concept of “skin in the game” versus none. Read my other message on this thread.

Also found out, most the other drivers here are refusing Tampa loads etc. they didn’t ask me, just dumped back to back loads on me down there. It’s a mess down there, I don’t recommend.

And adding this…indirectly company drivers do feel the pain of the industry downward turns. Less consistent loads, more downtime, more broken equipment, less bonuses, less miles, etc etc. when a company is getting less? So do it’s drivers. So your concept is null and void at the end of the day. The driver ALWAYS ultimately pays in the end. Time is money my friend. My time has value just like eveyone else’s. Get it?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  5. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    I’d rather take a bath with a toaster than run another FEMA load with my RGN.

Jacoooooooo and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  6. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    The biggest issue is parking down that entire stretch, not much parking to begin with, but with all the loads running down that way EVERYTHING is packed full

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I did Fema for Landstar twice in '05 and again in '08. Second load in '05 was on Hurricane Wilma in Florida. Picked a trailer loaded with gallon jugs of water in Louisiana, went to Jacksonville NAS and staged there. Then to a park in Opa Locka. Had a bunch of US Xpress trucks there sub-hauling for LS. Their company drivers were getting only $100 a day and no one told them to stock up on food. So we kept letting them move ahead of us and ended up in that park for 6 days. Then delivered and went up to the Flying J in Ft Pierce. Looked like a Landstar terminal there. Sat there 13 days collecting that day rate. Day rate was @$675 a day to the truck. And the only fuel we had to buy the whole time was at the end at the J. Everywhere else a fuel truck came around and topped our tanks off.

8. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Make sure you verify that they at least pay you minimum the miles you actually drove and not the PC miler miles . Your losing enough as it is time wise.

9. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Fact Check -
    Deanne Criswell

10. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Odd
    That she seems to be qualified .
    With this administration your skin color and gender identity mean far more than your work Experience ,

11. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    How is that any different than the last administration, or any of the previous ones? If it's really an issue, at least be consistent with the criticism.

JolliRoger and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.