Highest-paid tanker of all time...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Hathcock, Jun 15, 2019.

1. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    The highest paying tanker jobs I've seen or heard of are

Cryogenic drivers at Air Products (Express services), Airgas (nitrogen transport driver) Praxair (dont know what they call it), all have them.They do purge jobs at plants and out in the middle of no where on pipelines. And the make 100k plus but are gone alot. I've talked to guys at air gas that make 120k per year. But your on 28 days and off 7.

Also as stated earlier Suez pays darn well. But they aren't a trucking company. That's the most important thing about a private carrier. They dont have to depend on the truck to make a profit. Therefore they can afford to pay a driver more. I have a buddy that works there. And he ain't looking to retire for 3 more years. And makes about 110k per year. He's gone 3 nights a week.

There is another company I can't disclose but they are the highest paid drivers I know of.

However there are plenty of 80k plus driving jobs in tankers. But you have to find them. Most dont advertise!!!

scythe08, Orange713 and slim shady Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    In 1992 we had a few in our terminal that made 6 figures. Also they were home every night with two days off every week. But what set us apart was the benefits. Medical and dental were standard just really good companies. The retirement programs were above all. You had the standard retirement, a CAP program were you couldn't touch it and you invested so much to get the company to invest 6%, and finally a savings plan that you also invested to get the company to put in 4%. After 20 years you'd have over a million to retire on. There were many other benefits like school. I went to collage and made money. And the last one that benefited me was Long Term Disability. I got hurt on the job in 2000. The company closed the terminal and got rid of all the drivers except me. I stayed on LTD until 2013 when I decided to retire. The company paid me over $200,000 as a lump sum. Every other company that I have heard about gets rid of the driver once he goes on LTD I know Chevron was the same way as us and they were gone too.

Your right about the truck not making the company money. I've always said find a company that their revue is from somewhere else. You're the first to bring that up. In the gasoline business drivers could not understand how we made so much. This is why. We were a major oil company. To be a major you had to own your own crude in the ground, the piping to get the crude to the refineries, the refineries, the trucks to get the end product to the stations, and the stations. Well in an operation like this the distribution runs at a lost. Or the downstream Operations. Then they made a move and sold all their Downstream Operations.

4. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA

5. Leviathan Tube

Leviathan Tube Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Georgia
    Some good information here, guys. Thank you.

6. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    Yes they all are married to the job either as operator or driver. At airgas industrial nitrogen services, or Praxair PSI, or APEX at Air Products. Most are on call for a month and have 7 days off. 110k-125k per year. But not the job for a guy with a family.

speedyk Thanks this.
  7. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    Every company that I know of has gotten rid of real long term disability. And shrunk that down to 1 yr, or 1 yr and 1 day. And like you said, they usually find a way to fire the person once there not workable. It's sad that the glorified jobs that I use to hear about growing up have went away. Most dont have pension plans any more. Or have cut alot of perks of the job. Or have got bought out by the bigger player in that field. And or ultimately close there doors.

As far as fuel, man that use to be the job to have. But most of the private carriers got rid of the transportation division they had. And let 3rd party carriers do it to save the company money.

I miss the days of the dream job. Now there might only be about two hand fulls left of them!

8. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Yeah, ARCO, Chevron, Union 76, Shell, and more, there all gone now. It's all done by common carrier some good and most bad. The days of seeing a clean, shinny company truck pulling into their own stations are gone too.

Dennixx Thanks this.
  9. Lightfoot71

Lightfoot71 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Tulsa, Ok

10. Lightfoot71

Lightfoot71 Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Tulsa, Ok
    I have an offer on the table from Airgas for the 28/7 the seven is paid and so are resets, I’m making good money at Kenan but I’m usually out 3 to 4 weeks anyway, Do you think I’d be stupid not to take the Airgas field services driver position?

11. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Does it hurt to try it? You can possibly make a lot more money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.