Highest paying company jobs

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kenworth6969, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    My freightshaker blew up and is not worth fixing so am considering all options.

Can get another truck but is not really appealing with toilet rates.

So would consider a company job for first time in many years.
    Can relocate anywhere for the right price.
    10+ years clean experience.
    Where is the big money at?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Why not just do a rebuild with your reserve ?

4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Are you mainly located in Phoenix, AZ?

What CDL endorsements do you have (if any)?

-- L

5. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    It's an old Crapcadia, they aren't worth throwing tons of money at. Especially now when you look at used truck prices.

6. Kenworth6969

Jul 3, 2020
    I mainly have worked in Midwest.
    Az sucks for freight so rarely have worked there. No endorsements but experience from Reefer to oversize loads.

7. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Depends on how it blew up and how much to fix it is my guess. Cracked block and you may be looking at more to rebuild then just replaceing the unit. Moreso if it took the emissions system with it when it blew. Still more if it managed to damage the transmission somehow.

That said i myself agree i would likely rebuild it. Depending on what needs doing im guessing they start around 5k all the way to 60k for a new engine. And to the OP dont be so quick to throw away your truck. An older rig has a few advantages being rebuilt. While it is old a rebuild especially an out of frame if done correctly can give your rig a good 500K+ more miles of life for a tiny fraction of the cost of a new rig. And if you keept your maintaince up your going to know everything wrong with the rig, whats been fixed and what has not. Plus no payments.

A new rig even shiny factory new new could end up being a shop queen quite easily.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Go with reefer or flatbed oversize.
    Which state is your domicile on your cdl?

9. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Given the likely economic conditions that I think are coming -- I'd say without question (for a company driver) the easiest & best money/perks for someone like you, with 10 yrs experience, & a clean record -- is to try to on-board with Walmart.

That would be steadier freight than flatbed/OS/OW.

If this idea sounds appealing to you -- note that at some point in the near future they would want you to pick up a hazmat endorsement.

This endorsement would enable you to carry everyday, mundane things like: hair spray, paint, charcoal, fertilizers, and so forth. Stuff that's no big deal, really. :dontknow:

-- L

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    A company such as R&L Carriers pays well over $100G, but you need doubles/triples & hazmat endorsement.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.