Highest paying company jobs

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kenworth6969, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I keep a list of companies that hire SAP drivers. SAP drivers do what they must to be employed. It's the SAP drivers responsibility to decide. I can't baby sit SAP drivers and they would resent it if I tried to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert
    Is there anyone that drive for Walmart here? We have a few guys here at work who left and describe it as a sh-ty $25/hr job with a lot of overtime hence the earnings. Just trying to see what the word is…

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient

Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
  5. Truck Turner

Truck Turner Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2023
    They don't deserve a second chance in my opinion.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's your opinion and that's ok.
    I don't feel that way at all though.

7. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Sounds like a winner there!

8. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Kinda depends on witch DC your out of. And if your running groceries or General Merchandise.

Worked for Walmart Transportation for 7 months. And quit, it just wasn't for me. Several guys considered the place to be the best job in the industry. But I would always tell them that there are several companies that paid the same or more than WMT.

Slip seating sleeper trucks is one thing that if I were told in orientation. I would have turn the job down. Health benefits are pretty high. Alot of store workers in the back receiving area area real lazy. You won't make 100k plus unless you extend your days.. when you first start. These are just some of the cons.

Walmart never slows down, the stores order themselves as ppl check out. So there is always a run. You get 10% off in the store as an employee (except for groceries). You get to park at the store (some of them) without being bothered about leaving. As a WMT driver you can force a outside company to get off the dock if you need to. These are just some of the pros.

As stated earlier in this thread. One can live 200 miles + from the terminal. Actually its a 250 mile radius. But I've seen the B!+×# of a HR person send a driver home claiming she lived outside the radius. Overall its just hit or miss at that place. Like I said it depends on what DC and if its General Merchandise or Groceries that your running.

As for them taking there runs back from outside carriers. That is logistically impossible. They can't obtain enough trucks and drivers to do that. Every driver isn't going to put up with slip seating a sleeper. No matter what the pay is. WMT has turned into a typical trucking company. The culture in Bentonville has definitely changed from what it was towards drivers.

If you have noticed, they are always advertising they are hiring drivers. Well it isn't because they are expanding. They have lost drivers through them quiting over things WMT has come up with. Or drivers getting fired over crazy things. And from what a former coworker told me. They are even calling drivers to come back that quit or got fired.

9. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I feel the same about my cryo gig.
    Yeah it's #### good money but you really have to be prepared to adjust the mindset and operate accordingly.
    If you could start in the company and never drove any other way or in any other industry you'd think it was the best thing out here.

I sometimes I think back about if I'd stayed at brown. I would have 32 yrs in and be set for life most likely, but history is funny that way.

10. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    No one suggesting UPS ?

after reading the articles of what their new Union contract is gonna pay ?

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    For what your needs are, I'd go with Walmart. Talked to one of their drivers recently in South Carolina. He calls it the best driving job he's ever had. He don't see why anyone would want to work anywhere else. Driver runs out of the Hopkinsville, KY DC. He just does dedicated from that DC to SC and back up. Home every week. Can't remember if he gets Sat and Sun off, but he told me he was making 100k without any effort, as they get paid for every single thing that they do.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.