Highest Paying O/O Company?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by M.Enterprises, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    I was going to reply that even the "cheap" carriers that pay .90-.95 plus fuel surcharge are paying $1.05-$1.10 with the surcharge included, and you would have alot less hassles. Now you dropped that last little bit of info about a HORRIBLE driving record...No Chance in heck any company is going to touch that driver in the current economic climate. Because of the market conditions, the companies who actually are hiring drivers or leasing on trucks are being VERY selective as to whom they hire.

Good Luck, I'm afraid to say you are going to need it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Not the GOOD ones.

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I doubt it . My carrier will disqualify you for 3 in 2 years .
    Didn't you have an attorney represent you ?

5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I was in Cheyenne, Wy with an OD load on an RGN. I was talking with another driver about RGN trailers when this skateboard pulled up next to me. Young driver jumps out and has questions about his truck (new 660). He had money and bought the 660 outright, but couldnt figure out why it ran like crap with 500 HP. Checked the mileage and told him that he needs to put another 55k on the truck and she will run better.

ANYWAYS, he was complaining because he checked the boards and the freight was so cheap. I asked him what did he pull out to Wyo and how much did it pay. The shipper told him to name his price, just get it there on time. He gave them a price, and now was trying to get back to get another load.

Say what? Unbelievable.

Wyo, the Dakotas, Montana are dead areas. Whatever you pull in is going to have to be able to pay for that 900 mile deadhead out.
    So, that got me thinking. You always meet a driver who know where the good freight is out of his home port. But then when he gets out across the country, he's subject to the brokers. What if you could do a trucking company like you would a picnic...everyone attending brings something to the table? The guy from Texas brings the steaks, the guy from Wisconsin brings the beer, and the guy from Colorado brings the potatoes.

Ive been trying to figure out how to do it to where everything would be fair, no watered down brokered freight, and the guys that are actually doing the work are the ones that benefit, not some deskjockey.
    And how do you keep the partycrashers from showing up uninvited to crash the party?

6. Old Man

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thats whats called a big trucking company with salesmen all over the country. The way it used to be, now with internet load boards, thousands of 1 truck operators with their own authority, and to many people in business that don't have a clue how the business works. Throw in a oversupply of trucks and you have todays trucking.Think deruglation and ease of entry has made things better?

7. TAV

TAV Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I just don't understand how companies can get away with paying cheap freight.

8. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Because so many trucks are sitting and most need that first 75 cpm to cover their truck/trailer/ins payment on top of the fuel. The longer you wait for a good paying load, the better it has to be to make ends meet. It's a self-defeating cycle and considerably more risk.

9. TAV

TAV Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I came home from the war and invested my savings into purchasing my own equipment, "PAID CASH IN FULL" It started pretty good, I purchased my own authority and started working with Schnieder national at 1.40 pulling there trailers in 2005, today everything has changed, I had to park my truck (ending in auctioning off my equipment) because the 4+ dollar per gallon fuel here in Ohio in the beginning of 2008 put me out of business, Schnieder rates started to flux just like the stock market, this country is going down the toilet and government is letting it.

10. Old Man

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK

Because the have a never ending line of so called O/O's that will take it. To many people in a business they don't have a clue about.

There are also plenty willing to sign up to lease purchase a new truck thinking they will be rich . You see people on forums all the time that have worked the numbers so they can make it on 80 cent freight. You can't fix stupid.

11. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    With a driving record like that, disregaurd the PM I sent you. Sorry.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.