Highest Paying O/O Company?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by M.Enterprises, Apr 17, 2009.

1. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    Another question is why is a cousin riding around just to lump freight? I know that he has to be paid and has to eat on the road.It seems to me your being taken advantage of by your own family.The old guilt trip thing.You need to watch one episode of the apprentice and get fired up and let them go and say nothing personal just business.And if you made this investment to help dad out and you have a job,taking a loss now might be best. This is a tough business cause it's a penny business.Meaning the more penny's you can save the dollars will come.Dont want to sound mean just trying to be realistic.Sounds like your the only one up at nite worrying about this and man I am sorry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    OH sure! Now the rest of the story. 4 tickets in the last year, you are a liability.

4. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    I just being realistic. You need to find a different profession.

5. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    Don`t mean to piss anyone off but my gut tells me there was more than a little greed on both sides of this .I`m thinking maybe 2 relativeswith less than stellar records who will work for less and 1 with some cash and a little credit but no experience.All of them hoping to "rake the money in" at the others expense AND all of them mad at the outcome.NOTE:just my opinion,I may be wrong.I still stand by my previous advice-SELL NOW.Likely to be the smallest loss.

6. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA

If you can hire a driver witha better MVR, then use the info in the PM I sent you. It can't hurt to try.

7. M.Enterprises

M.Enterprises Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    I did not plan on starting a trucking company. I came in to save my Dad, who had no other commercially viable skills. I have my own career and had no intention of ever driving the truck.

8. M.Enterprises

Mar 27, 2009
    You've really hit the nail on the head. I'm still trying to figure things out and I think I have a solution that is beneficial to everyone.

9. M.Enterprises

Mar 27, 2009
    Easy, killer. I'm not "pissed" at you. However, the sum zero theory that your proposing is far from possible within a voluntary exchange.

Not only does the above quote sound like something I have read from Karl Marx, but it is a bit unnerving for someone who forgoes the traditional role of father-to-son and reverses it; then be subject to accusations of playing the extortionist.

My dad made some bad choices, and I made a bad choice in trying to save him. I am trying to correct those mistakes and let his fate play out naturally. It is hard enough hearing him with such futile and angry speech to then be accused of putting my own capital interests above those of the livelihood of family members who depend on my proper decision making.

As far as there being "greed" on the other side, such accusations are laughable as I have proposed higher pay for when times get better; only to be told that anything over $500 a week is "unnecessary."

Furthermore, I have a plan that helps everyone involved. The last thing I want to do is throw my dad on the street.

Roy Jones Jr. fan?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  10. M.Enterprises

Mar 27, 2009
    I appreciate it. Its an idea behind a couple others before it. Thank you for that!

11. Jarhead

Jarhead Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Morgantown, In.
    Maybe I showed up late to this party, but this "aint quite cricket". $70,000 at stake. $1000 monthly maintenance costs. WTF? Is that in addition to cost of truck? If you are spending 250 a week on maintenance plus the truck payment, you are in deep ##$% batman. There is no good solution to this mess. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is where the rubber hits the road. First, if you start off a business venture with this many issues it is almost certainly doomed to failure. Do you have an actual business plan? Where were you getting your freight from before now? And why is that no longer the case? 4 tickets in the last year? Full time ride along lumper? $1000 monthly maintenance costs(hate to repeat, but thats outrageous),what is being done to this truck? Sadly it seems you have tried to mix family and business and have gotten the typical results. Do everyone involved in this a favor and sell this money pit for whatever you can recoup and never, NEVER again try to save the unsaveable situation you've described here. Remember family is family and business is business.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.