Hill Brothers Transportation Good or Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bigmike8777, Jul 24, 2009.

1. JR OTR

JR OTR Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Both company drivers and o/o's do their own trip planning in most cases. The company recommends fuel stops and the company drivers are expected to hit those when possible, but if you have your own truck you can fuel where you like of course.

During the winter time the company does route around the Rockies out to central California (meaning you take I-40 instead of I-80 or I-15) and driving from the Nebraska area to Phoenix you're supposed to take the route through Kansas (Dodge City, Liberal, Tucumcari NM) instead of I-70 to Denver then south.

I don't get through Memphis that often but I'll keep you in mind :)

Jim

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gitty

Gitty Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    in my truck
    Oh boy Jim are you going to be here Friday? I think you have 3 referrals out of this class. We all did our rd tests today and passed, just waiting on the paperwork to clear and get our trucks friday. I was told you might be at the safety meeting. Hope to meet up with you. And Thank You for telling us about your company!!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  4. JR OTR

JR OTR Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Actually I got into Omaha earlier this evening and deliver this load at NFM very, very early tomorrow morning.

And yes, I'll be at the safety meeting so hope to see everyone there!

Jim

5. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Hey Gitty, you have the same avatar as 'Pharmphail' over on the O/O section!

6. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    I used to work at Hill bros. Was wondering if Kami is still a dispatcher there?

7. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    We used to be able to go over there and Drop Hook anytime.

8. JR OTR

JR OTR Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Yeah, for some reason this load was marked as a live and by the time I got there on Thursday night the receiving folks had gone home. No biggie, dropped first thing in the morning and got on with my business.

I don't think there are any female dispatchers at the moment; she may have switched over to planning or CSR or some other part of the ops area.

Jim

socal Thanks this.
  9. bigmike8777

bigmike8777 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Benton
    I have been with Hill Bros for a mouth now.I think its the best otr job i have had im getting great miles reallt nice pleople here and everything JR OTR telling you it true really nice guy if you get to meet him truck are nice just a great company

10. mudman1

mudman1 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2009
    mt prospect il
    to they go to chicago a lot how long to u stay out

11. JR OTR

JR OTR Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I go to the Chicago area about once a month or so, on average, but I live in Missouri. If you're from there you could probably get a lot more loads heading that way if you worked with your dispatcher.

How long you stay out depends on where you live. Much of the midwest is 10 out, two at home, with smaller areas of 14 and 2 and some far away places are 3 weeks. Talk with Jason or Erin in recruiting for specifics -- they have a map with everything marked out.

Jim

mudman1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.