Hippie Goat's psychedelic journey with Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Wasted Thyme, Oct 7, 2020.

1. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Not only will be able to afford them, you'll be able to buy stock in the company!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Like alot of megas, you may see alot of people with their pants hanging down and underwear showing when you get there. The mega I trained at 15 years ago the first day I showed up I wasn't sure I was in the right place because it looked kinda like a bunch of homeless showing up for the food line, no joke.

RayH, Son, 650cat425 and 8 others Thank this.
  4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Subscribed. Best of luck!

I hope your skills match your mouth, but I'm sure you'll be fine. ;)

5. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    Interesting. When I showed up for orientation at Cypress Transport, I was surrounded by people who I thought were decent, regular people (of all colors) except for the guy who struck me as a fetal alcohol syndrome baby turned ax murderer. Every time I turned around, he was leering at me with an “I’m going to bury you in a shallow grave” stare through those slits surrounded by greyish-red eyelids.

6. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Good luck twin from the sunshine state.

Avoid all taco bells while in Texas. They will shoot you if you go there instead of good Mexican food.

Even Dairy Queen has good tacos in Texas.

Say yes to bbq, no to taco bell type Mexican food.

Say yes to steak, say no to leases....unless your "deef" as @Frank Speak and Col.Potter say.

I won't subscribe, but I will pop in to make jokes an post dumb memes just like in the WIIS thread.

Oh an say no to Almonds. Don't wanna be like @LtlAnonymous an complaining about losing your nuts, or running out of them. ;)

Sirscrapntruckalot - Let's get started...
    [​IMG]

Mike2633, mjd4277, AModelCat and 11 others Thank this.
  7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    That kind of describes my man Ardis when he comes in on Monday morning.

8. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Ty all. I'll be sure to let everyone know what my classmates look like the evening of the 19th.

Flight out is Thursday. DMV Friday. Check into their hotel Saturday. Might use it Thur and Fri too.

9. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    My first driving job, way back in 2009, was with Stevens.

I got my CDL from a local school here in TN first, so I went straight into Orientation and OTR training when I got to Dallas (so I can not speak to their CDL school). All in all, I really enjoyed my time there. I worked for them for almost 3 years. Their training really is top notch, and I've never regretted getting my start there. They are a true OTR carrier. By the end of my tenure there I had been to all 48 contiguous states, been over every major mountain pass in the US, been to every major city in the US, and encoutered every type of weather and driving condition imaginable. It was quite the educational experience.

Just go in with an open mind. Be prepared to be on the road 4-5 weeks at a time. Be prepared for the odd hours that the customers of reefer carriers require. Good luck and have fun.

Razorwyr, D.Tibbitt, 650cat425 and 7 others Thank this.
  10. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Sometimes I do cashews as well. Don't make it seem like I'm a one-trick pony.

11. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    There is an interstate running through Utah that would make being away from your wife for a month worth in. Incredibly beautiful.

86 I think.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.