Hirschbach buys out Lessors

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by smokey12, Jun 23, 2021.

1. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Groendyke bought McKenzie Tank Lines,,,,, and I will leave it at that.
    Good luck.

4. sidewinder429

sidewinder429 Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2008
    People in the offices are being left to hang on the wind, not being given any word on if they will have a job after the sale is complete. Drivers are being shoved into a new company without really being taken care of very well either. I can't give specifics without outing myself and risking negative consequences for posting at this time.

nredfor88 and bzinger Thank this.
  5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Me too.

6. shaker636

shaker636 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2019
    how are they treating you though i do have a question is it non forced dispatch and also how often to get home ?

7. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Hopefully that’s a lease-purchase. I brought home in the 80’s as a company driver at FCC and home more than 5. If you aren’t ending up with a truck, that doesn’t sound like a good deal.

8. Texhound

Texhound Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    1. There's no forced dispatch. When you hit decline on a preplan there's a space where you have to provide a reason and I just write stuff like low miles, don't go to NYC, long unload times at consignee, etc. I've never heard from anyone in management, but I do accept probably 90% of preplans.

2. Hometime is kind of up to the driver. Officially, the company wants you out 3 weeks at a time but I have no idea if they enforce this. If you can't do that you shouldn't be in a lease-purchase contract anyway. I have a friend here who does 3 weeks out, 1 at home. Hirschbach has a 4-week bonus system and he times it so the bonus covers the fixed costs for the week he's home. He still gets a zero settlement for the week he's home, of course, but he's not deep in the hole when he comes back out. Also, every 6 months drivers get 1 "skippay," which is a $750 credit that covers most of your truck payment in case you want some time off. You can use it whenever you want, such as to compensate for a breakdown or deadbeat customer.

3. How are they treating me? Great. I've been here two years. Nobody's been rude, there's no micromanaging, never heard from Safety, no complaints about idling, and I've always gotten home on time except once due to a breakdown. The trailers are in great condition and the trucks all have refrigerators, TVs, and inverters. DirecTV is getting grandfathered out due to lots of high-hooks resulting in smashed satellite domes. All new trucks have diesel-powered APUs, and Hirschbach's trying to go all Freightliner (with Cummins engines), although we're still buying some Internationals due to supply issues caused by the semiconductor shortage.

On the downside, Hirschbach has driver-facing cameras. The company also has lots of technology problems, including myriad glitches with the ELD or phone app. Driver support has really sucked late-night and on weekends, although this has improved greatly in recent months. The company's terminals tend to be small, overcrowded and disorganized, although this is also improving.

9. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Driver facing cameras , in a lease truck too?? NOPE!

10. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Heartless bought Gordon truck lines, and every gordon driver i asked how was it going afterwards was looking for another company to go to.

LtlAnonymous and Bumper Thank this.
  11. shaker636

shaker636 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Tell them I'm going to bz logistics I will be starting next week on Tuesday is my flight day from nc to st Louis once I get there I will be going to orientation that same morning I will let you know how it goes

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.