Hit a car stopped in hammer lane

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by missjhawk, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Psst. She means "not talking" by not posting here further about potential misdeeds for all to read.

mjd4277, PE_T, brian991219 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I'm with Troopertotrucker, and I think it's darn good we have someone like that on "our" side. Sounds like you've had a stretch of bad luck, didn't you post some other problem a while back. You want to fight this, for something pretty cut and dry, go ahead and feed that lawyer machine, but as long as I've been driving, you run into something, with VERY few exceptions, it's your fault. In 3 million miles, I never ran into the back of anything,,,

4. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    A lot of people that do, don't live to talk about it, that pileup video that was posted awhile back comes to mind.

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Without pictures, we can't actually know what is what.

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    OP...your company will stand by you until it becomes clear that you're in the wrong. At that point they will throw you under the bus.
    Get a lawyer. He can do some damage control for you but you need to get ready for some aggravating and expensive time off.

7. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Sorry for your misfortune, but it appears you chose poorly.
    A split second decision is tough.
    Dash-cam would have explained why U chose the ditch.
    Steer, Steer, Steer!

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I can’t see ANY curve on ANY freeway having such a limited line of sight as that, unless it’s in the heart of an urban center somewhere.

That leads me to wonder about weather conditions and how hard it was raining. I personally don’t regard 60 mph in rain as a particularly big deal UNLESS it’s coming down so hard your wipers can’t keep up with it.

9. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Well, apparently you stopped in same place. How many cars & trucks piled up in wreck behind you ?

10. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Lawyers are magical. They fix stuff over lunch with a court clerk. I know a driver who over time had 4 incidents his fault. 3 tickets and 1 fender bender. He had Drivers legal. They got stuff reduced so the incidents didn't impact his cdl and made the fender bender go away. They were so smooth this guy got a million mile safety award from his employer. Never mind that I think the driver did not deserve the award, he was smart to fight and smart to have legal insurance. They did not charge him an arm and a leg.

PE_T and brian991219 Thank this.
  11. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    Hate to say it, but if all of the other traffic was slowing (at 35 mph or less with hazard lights on, according to you) or stopping because of severe weather and you were in the left lane hauling arse, you're at fault. Quit driving like an entitled jerk. You could've killed someone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.