Hit and Run Truck Driver

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by DonCorneo, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DonCorneo

DonCorneo Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Unfortunately these programs lack the tools and ability to clean up the video to see clearly what maybe letters or words. It is very hard to tell because of the rain drops and quality of the video. In short, any program that does not cost several thousand dollars or a lot more will probably not work. I have a top end computer with a 4k display, so the hardware is not an issue, just the sophistication of the software I have available is severely lacking.
    I do appreciate your intentions and help though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    I checked out the video you uploaded and don't think anything can be gotten from it, way too much compression artifacts combined with the raindrops on your windshield. Side of the van appears to be solid white with no markings. Tractor appears to have a white cab, since you have a PC with some horsepower you might want to give a shot at using VideoCleaner to eliminate the motion blur. Could possibly at least figure out the make/model of the thing. The rain really sucks though. Soon as the truck passes you can't even make out whats printed on the mudflaps or van doors since your headlights just light up the road spray.

DonCorneo Thanks this.
  4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Why can I not get the video link to play? On my android?

5. DonCorneo

DonCorneo Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Just because I was driving a pick-up truck with a cargo trailer on it, don't insult me by saying I "should just listen to the people who spend our lives driving." Did it ever cross your mind that maybe I am a Professional Driver, and may have been doing it longer than you? Just to note, not only can I drive a tractor trailer, I also drive REAL heavy equipment, generally vehicles that make a tractor trailer look like a Nissan Leaf. This is one of those times where you don't judge a book by its cover. This "book" is way more in-depth than just a CDL driver's manual.
    Driving for a living does not only pertain to tractor trailer drivers.
    I was titled a Professional Driver because I logged in over 600,000 miles before I was 21.
    Maybe you should listen to a Professional Driver who is passing safety information on to you. Someone who that not only drives for a living, but someone who actually learned to drive more than just a tractor trailer and who is trained to do more than just drive a tractor trailer.
    If someone is waving a flashlight in your direction, it means you NEED to slow down, and move over if possible. If they steadily aim the flashlight at you, it means STOP.
    You do know portable lights were used way before triangles were invented.

But hey, you just want to think you know more and insult people who actually do know more.

6. DonCorneo

DonCorneo Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2018
    It is on YouTube. Not sure why it is not working.

7. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    It was my droid phone. Cache was full.

8. DonCorneo

DonCorneo Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2018

I have been working on it, thanks for the suggestion.
    Going frame by frame, it seems it may be a cab-over with a sleeper, but like you noted, the quality is too poor to tell.
    It may just be my hopes, but it looked like there may be something at the very front of the trailer and something on the doors of the trailer. But the rain drops are definitely causing a real problem.
    Too bad my emergency strobes did not flash as the front of the trailer passed, it might have lit up whatever might be there better, or showed nothing was there at all. The few flashes you can see make it easy to see it was a white unmarked trailer for the majority of it, if not all of it.
    I have to see if I can track track the manufacturer of the mirror's heating element. I'm thinking it will be too generic to get an actual tractor manufacturer from it.

9. DonCorneo

DonCorneo Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Glad it was something simple.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Ok super trucker...
    Do you know the first clue you are not a professional driver? It's the fact you were trying to drive a screw with a hammer. I.E. you were not using the correct tool for the job. Failure to use the correct tool for the job created the hazard.

Then you go out waving a flashlight, which is going to do nothing but get the driver to focus on the flashlight, and not the road ahead.

Snailexpress and ChaoSS Thank this.
  11. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I would add some.
    Professional driver almost always does PTI.
    Professional driver will never drive in left lane 80 mph pickup with trailer in rain.

ProfessionalLunatic and ChaoSS Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.