Hitting the road again, need a mattress

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by LTL Bull, May 24, 2020.

1. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I got mine from Costco. It’s a memory foam blah blah blah. It’s near 8” thick. The thicker 10” mattress’ made it annoying to sit at the little pull out desk table thingy. I think it was like +/- $100.

I like it better and sleep better than my mattress at home that was like $1,000,000. Sad but true.

tscottme and LTL Bull Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    I second the walmart $150 8" memory foam mattress. I laid it on top of the crappy spring mattress and its wonderful.

D.Tibbitt and LTL Bull Thank this.
  4. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Wait until mattress stores will be opened, you can get twin size (at least that what i have in my bunk) bed pretty easy. So just go inside, test, and order whatever you will feel better sliping in

5. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    12" thick memory foam mattress off Amazon. Use electric carving knife and cut to fit. Best. Sleep. Ever.

6. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Wish I could find some night-time line haul down here in NM like that. But everything's pretty much locked up tight. And of course after moving from over-crowded SoCal eight years ago out to this quiet area, I'm not really motivated to pull another nomad move to a larger city or state.
    I guess I'll just keep riding my current wave until the shore crash finally gets me to think differently.

Aside from that, nothing like making your truck nice and comfy for your own use. No more slip-seating is a good thing and personalization makes the journey that much more enjoyable. I'm still looking at pulling the trigger on doing some over-night runs with my current outfit and actually got a 10-gal water cooler and a hot-plate for the truck. Make some money and stick to my lonesome. Find some place to put my single-speed bicycle on this much smaller truck and I'm good to go.

tscottme and LTL Bull Thank this.
  7. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Just an update, went with Classic Brands 8" cool memory foam Twin XL, dropped right into place, can pop a regular twin fitted bottom sheet over it and is nice. 137$ all in off Wally World web site. Thanks for help

Redtwin and 25(2)+2 Thank this.
  8. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I have a drift, and you simply drift off to sleep. It’s almost perfect.

9. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    No.....It is a TWIN XL. I don't know what a king size twin is, but I doubt it will fit in your truck!

10. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Got this delivered about 6 weeks ago from Amazon. Comes rolled up in a box. Very comfortable for me and the price was right! Screenshot_20200807-041207.png

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  11. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    BTW...... Walmart, Target, Bed Bath Beyond, all sell TWIN XL sheets and mattress pads. Very common size. Best selection and prices this time of year. Standard bed in Dorm rooms on College campuses nationwide!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.