"Home Daily directly out of school? Is this realistic?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by bcwilson94, Sep 10, 2018.

1. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Imo don’t think freight. Get a job in construction. Start out on a flatbed, then move up to a lowboy. Dump trucks aren’t where it’s at, i’d stay clear of them. Your local septic company is a good job as well. Work 5/6am to 3/5pm. Running a T/T not a straight job. <<<it’s tank work, not like you’re swimming in poo.

Hauling freight is to much work for to little money. Working for a local company, where your other skills could come in handy is where it’s at i think.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    That’s because you guys had the crap local jobs. Lol. What I do is anything but stressful and difficult. Quite the opposite. Don’t lump all local work into what you perceive it to be, or what you experienced. Just like I don’t lump my perceptions or experience with OTR into what it’s like for everyone else

I, personally, think anyone that goes OTR is nuts! But I realize that some people like it, first of all, and second of all, some people don’t live in areas where you can bring in good money ( over 100g’s, more if I want it) for easy work. The quality of you local experience is 100% directly rated to your area. Where OTR is not.

4. KennyG

KennyG Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    I got a local driving job right out of school. Its a fleet fueling job so its kinda half driving, half pulling a hose around but I make 23/hr do 12-14 hour shifts for 4 days and i get 3 days off in a row. I work nights so I start at 3pm and dont get off till my route is completed (5am max clock out)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bluedew Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.