Home heating delivery

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Woodchuck88, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Hero Biscuit vendor

Hero Biscuit vendor Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2019
    I just left a fuel hauling job. We did home heats and rock crusher in winter and gas and aviation fuels in summer for fishing camps, and construction diesel. Summer was extremely busy with more overtime. Was making $25.35 (cad) when I left. Some deliveries were great, some were a pain and you had to chain up, or drag 150' of hose

fss99701, akfisher and Woodchuck88 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    I’m hauling diesel mostly right now. Tank wagon deliveries at night. Mostly fleet fueling but I do some above ground tanks and unload my retain in one of three stations every night. I LOVE the exercise. This is why I got off of the long stuff. I was doing 2600-3100 miles a week. Now, I do about 30-50 miles a day lol! 12-14 hour shifts every night all year long! Downside is that it’s nights. Went from 235 lbs down to 197 as of today since October. Tankwagon is no joke, it’s work!

I’d love to relocate up to Alaska and get in that scene up there. I’m in Eastern Washington so we get plenty of snow. Threw chains tonight. It would be cool to do home heating deliveries and to have a mostly day shift and to interact with customers. Never hauled propane, I stick to 1203 and 1993 be it transport or my new love, tankwagon. Keep it up my fellow Class B truckers!

fss99701 and akfisher Thank this.
  4. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I know two companies desperate for drivers

5. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    @akfisher I don't know where your live at I'm up in Fairbanks a few years ago I started doing home heating delivery one of my first jobs after getting my CDL. The best pay I found up here for that is $22 an hour with Alaska fuel distributors, I started with Alaska petroleum they only paid $20 an hour although I hear they corrected that after everyone threatened to quit.

6. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    I am at 32 an hour right now. I think the other companies that are hiring right now start off about 25. Good thing is it’s a very stable industry here where I’m at since we are almost entirely dependent on heating fuel. Decent wage And good benefits plus getting to live in Southeast Alaska with incredible fishing and hunting is a big bonus. I should have stated above that our overtime is a big bonus. I can pretty much work as many hours as I want. Not everybody likes to work six days a week but I do.

fss99701 Thanks this.
  7. fss99701

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    Sounds like an awesome gig. Way better than what they pay up here around the Fairbanks area. Just got back from driving in the lower 48 now I'm working for a company out of Palmer that wants me to go back and forth to the lower 48. They offered me $0.46 a mile :(. Their prudhoe Bay runs are $1,000 from Fairbanks so that's not bad but driving on the alcan highway for $0.46 a mile. Looking hard for something better might end up going back to the lower 48.

akfisher Thanks this.
  8. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    It’s a lot more difficult job physically here in Juneau. You have to be prepared to take your chains on and off three or four times a day sometimes. Extreme cold weather is much better for delivering home heating than our ICY 25° temperatures in the winter. Up where you live once the weather gets super cold eventually the roads get nice and dry and that is rare for us here. Half of our driveways are extreme grade and have to climb lots of mountains

9. fss99701

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    Yeah that's where I delivered was up in the hills around Fairbanks. It's been a lot warmer the last few Winters. -30 , - 40 definitely offers better traction the ice gets sticky, in the hills around here I used to hardly ever have to chain up maybe once or twice a week. To hell with chaining up four times a day.

akfisher Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.