Honking At Ladies On The Road

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FearTheCorn, May 19, 2019.

1. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    We honk at different things. I honk for anyone that asks and for cool cars.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I would only respond if the fat bearded guy were on a Harley. Freightliner won't buy it.
    :D

4. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    He needs to be driving a K100 or 352 with the king size bed in the back to be able to pick up the ladies.

5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I started driving when I was 19 and honked at gals walking and every kid that gave me the the age old sign to honk for them. I had probably been driving less than 6 months when I almost, and I am talking a very close call, caused a bad accident by honking. I was honking at a kid that was asking for it, but that did not change the situation at all, since then I am pretty picky about what I honk at,and if it wasn't for kids, I wouldn't even need an air horn at all.

Some years ago I was driving a two lane through a north texas town, and while passing a parking lot that a bunch of kids were partying in, 3 or 4 gals ran to the edge of the road and flashed me. I had to give them a little toot, for the kids you know as I am sure they were high school kids. lol

6. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Hey, I have a harley and a beard, not so much in the fat department, guess I need to put on some weight and install an air horn. lol

7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I thought you were just supposed to honk if you love Jesus?

Dang.

booley and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Hey Sailor (wink wink)

booley and Lumper Humper Thank this.
  9. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I honk at ladies who are passing me all the time, because they're ####ing texting and swerving all over the road. It scares them straight for a few miles.

10. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    He he, I lied about the harley, but it got me a wink, so was worth it. lol
    I do have one I can use anytime. lol

The funny thing is, I have always been bad about buying big ticket items, semi's bikes, pickups, saw mills, you know things like that then telling the little wife later, sometimes a lot later. lol
    A couple of years ago I came close to buying a harley, then came to my senses, riding season is just too short here. I thought I would have some fun with the wife, so told her I bought it anyway. She ask where it was and I told her I left it there and would pick it up later. She told me I needed to hurry, summer was coming to an end before long. lol

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, sometimes they pull over and climb in the truck with you and maybe need some gas money as barter.
    He might have good luck if he used a CB radio vs. that loud blasting of the air horn. That air horn is insulting.
    Women that are interested in chatting with you at the next rest area will have a CB radio.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.