Hood removal at the Loves

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by drivingmissdaisy, Aug 12, 2020.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Unfortunately you won't find this on any CDLlife website. On the 6th of August a very nice driver decided to customize this trucks front end.

The really bad ugly part is.......THIS WAS MY TRUCK.

I was pulling the pin to slide the tandems after getting my scale ticket and seeing I was heavy on the trailer axles and this guy parks right in front of my truck. So in patiently waiting for him to move he suddenly cuts hard to the right and takes out my mirror. But then he stops. I said moron hit my truck now he feels like an idiot. Then he hit the gas and cut it even harder, pushing the hood up onto the windshield and the radiator into the block. The antifreeze reservoir was shoved up against the AC compressor. It was idling when he did this and the horrific noise it made as the parts started grinding together for a few seconds before I could jump into the truck and grab the air horn and kill the engine I will never forget.

The dude jumps out of his truck and starts yelling "I hit that dudes truck!!! Aww man I hit that dudes truck son of a b----!" He was so animated about it it was almost funny. It just so happened there was a cop in the store buying some food or something and someone told him a truck just hit another truck in the parking lot. So the cop was there literally before the other guy got out of his truck. I couldn't figure out who called the cops because it happened so fast.

So now I'm in a backup truck, same make and model but this one has the #### A26 engine which feels like it has about 200hp less than that beast of a Cummins that I had. Its much smoother for sure, but no power at all.

I've heard preliminary estimates of about 20 grand in damage. I believe it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    alds, baha, Brettj3876 and 7 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Sorry, never ever ever ever park in the corner spot never ever ever

4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Crap man. You just can’t have nice things these days.
    The bare hood alone will be at least $5000

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I am a little confused. If he was in FRONT of you how did he sideswipe you? Are you backed all the way in to that parking spot?

6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Looks like dude drug his trailer over the entire front... Imagine the letter T.... So ding-a-ling takes off without even bothering to check his mirror, probably driving like he was in a Honda with zero reguard to having a trailer behind him

OFFENDINGTRUCK
    . . . . . . . . .O
    . . . . . . . . .P
    . . . . . . . . .T
    . . . . . . . . .R
    . . . . . . . . .U
    . . . . . . . . .C
    . . . . . . . . .K

7. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Need a taller moose guard.

nredfor88, 86scotty, D.Tibbitt and 4 others Thank this.
  8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Uhh, looks as they tore the radiator as well

D.Tibbitt and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Gonna have to check the chassis as well to make sure no cross members or the frame rail were bent.

alds and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    X2

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Because he drove forward directly over the front of my truck. Had he kept going in a second or two the tandems would have tried to climb over the engine.

The only other time I got hit was when someone backed into me and that was in a spot in the middle of a row. If someone is going to be stupid and hit you, where you are parked is irrelevant.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.