Hoping for a scrap of advice from the Vets out there ...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WonderlandSC, Jul 3, 2015.

Are recruiters trustworthy?

1. They're usually trustworthy.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Never trust a recruiter. Liars. They're all liars!

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Recruiters have guidelines. Yes, they are trustworthy!

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Recruiters are unreliable at times.

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Ok, here it is, recruiters are head hunters, to fill seats in orientation, what they say means jack. The REAL background checks start when your butt is at orientation. It's there that what the recruiters say and what the company wants or looks for, differ.

Recruiters get paid either hourly, or by salary or commission.

Anyone with less than 1/3 rd of a brain can be a recruiter.

I for one can be a recruiter and as long as they supply me with Snickers Bars, I can lie thru my teeth with the best of them.!

So bottom line, trust a recruiter as much as you'd trust the pedophile that you hire to babysit your kids when you and the misses go out.

and since you have no kids..??

Trust recruiters as much as you'd trust a politician.

WonderlandSC Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I don't see anything in what you posted, that should keep you from being hired. Just know that the majority of recruiters make used car salesmen and slime-ball attornies seem like honest, upstanding citizens!

WonderlandSC Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Out of the dozen or so recruiters I had to deal with one and only one was honest, and another tried hard to be. The one that was honest went into other work because of the situation he was put into, the other one quit after a time when she found out that she was filling seats but not quotas.

It is like everything else in life, you have to do Due Diligence about the company beyond what you hear or see.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    You are correct seatbelt tickets aren't on the DMV report since it's not a moving violation. They do however show on your criminal history.

6. WonderlandSC

WonderlandSC Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2015
    I'm glad I decided to be honest. I would have never guessed that - thank you. Since I posted this, I recalled one more from 2011 but it was in another city in SC so I don't have it on hand. I have no idea how (4) tickets in 5 years will look. No other oversights, but it does look bad.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Since when did NCIC start keeping track of traffic violations that are less than misdemeanors?

8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    It carries no points so it can't be a moving violation same as open container in a vehicle etc. So it has to fall on the criminal history since it's not a moving violation for MVR. Geezzz....I need my own legal thread...lol

9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    OK, you've likely been in LE much more recently than I. I just don't recall ever seeing traffic violations that were less than misdemeanors in the thousands of CII & NCIC raps that I have seen.
    Thanks for the update.

10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah I know it sounds strange and it did to me also. In my time I worked the road, K-9 Handler, K-9 Master Trainer and a few years on our Special Tactics and Operations team. Retired a few years back myself from it all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.