Hoping to go Prime ...

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Traveler51, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Traveler51

Traveler51 Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    Well, after waiting for the school year to end, I finally put in my application for Prime. No more school bus driver, thus, the new Avatar of my dog Rusty who will join me and my wife on the road -- hopefully.

So, just yesterday my application hit the first bump. For the past several years I have been self employed, sole proprietor of my own Mobile Notary Service in addition to school bus driving since Jan of 2012. For income/employement verification I submitted my last three years of taxes. So I get this call from someone in the recruiting department who told me basically my returns show nothing about my business, ie, I'm not incorporated, etc. She said send in something else like insurance,etc.

Well, it just so happens I have maintained Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance specifically for Notaries that do my type of work, which is related to the mortgage industry.
    So, I sent in my past three years of E&O now I wait...

I must admit I became a bit short with the lady I was speaking to, and regret that right now.
    Nothing over the top, just obvious irritation. Hope she can overlook that and allow me to proceed.

Anyway, my recruiter said to wait to hear something by this after noon. So, here I am, nail biting and waiting, waiting, waiting...
    Hurry up and wait! Grrr...
    :biggrin_2552:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KAW

KAW Bobtail Member

May 27, 2012
    Pueblo, Co
    Good luck. Will be at orientation the 18th. maybe I'll see ya around there.

4. Traveler51

Nov 13, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks! Since I was a school bus driver, my last pay check will be last day of the month.... bummer... so my ETA at Prime is July 7th. I promised my wife I would stick around another week to go to our local, city wide annual 4th fire works tail gate party. A fun time.

5. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Wait til you have to deal with dispatch, customers, sales, road assist... lol Hope ya get to come out!

6. da1

da1 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2011
    SC
    Sales....noooo!!!!

7. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Dont think I can talk about sales on here... Those words are not allowed.

8. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Sales......can go.....uh, I can't think of anything to say that is allowed on this site....

da1 and OpenRoadDreamer Thank this.
  9. OpenRoadDreamer

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
  10. MikeyB.

MikeyB. Medium Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    ...... Lost my appetite when I heard that word

11. Traveler51

Nov 13, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    I used to be in SALES some years ago... Car sales, mortage sales and life & health insurance sales...
    I did okay but what bothered me was when one day a manager took me aside and said "Look, if you're gonna make any money in this, you just gotta screw a few people...."
    That's when I decided to go into trucking...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.