Horizon Transport out of Wakarusa, Indiana

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Boundtransport, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Boundtransport

Boundtransport Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2018
    U.S.A.
    07/20/2020 Looking to see if anyone is doing work with this company. Since Covid is across the nation RV sales have been record breaking. That being said one would imagine RV transportation "should be" booming. This company advertises between $1.50 - $2.50/mile can anyone confirm this? Ive read many mixed reviews about this company. Though all reviews I find are prior to Covid19, I already move hotshot loads and as many of you are aware loads and rates have been fluctuating since march. Any info on this company could help me decide if beginning the process with them is worth it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    I would say if things keep going the way they are, trailer sales are gonna nosedive again and those guys will be scrambling. I live near one of the manufacturers, and there are a ton of trailers not moving anywhere, but the dealerships are full as well. Have you thought about a small 3-4 car auto hauler? Repos are keeping the auction houses busy...

4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I used to see them all over here in Canada before covid19 .. not as many now though

5. mchandler

mchandler Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2021

6. mchandler

mchandler Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2021
    How are you?I advise you not to become an employee for this company as many others would.I was told from the beginning to the end this was not a good company to work for at all.They are very unprofessional and rude and have no respect for their drivers.They love to threaten you and harrasse about the logs and do little training of it from the start.They also talk to you as if you're a child and are extremely rude,especially Brady keen in the log department.Most loads pay no more than $1.65....Good luck

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You don’t become an employee, you are a contractor for them.

8. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Last I knew, Owned by Kaplan in Cleveland Ohio. CHEAP container work. Not sure how Horizon is run. But Kaplan checks are good and on time. All I can help with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.