Hornady, Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by rookietrucker, Feb 4, 2008.

1. good4hay

good4hay Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2008
    trion ga
    thanks for the input. I will be starting with them monday. I will be on system 1. they seem to be alright, i have done a lot of research on them havent found anything out of the ordinary on them. Talked to Aileen very nice person. Will be running out of the Birmingham term. Thanks again for your input.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dumpbucket

dumpbucket Bobtail Member

May 7, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    I drove for maverick for a year. people have to remember that flatbed drivers typically make more cents per mile than vans but run less miles but it typically evens out. I dont know what tarp pay is at hornady but If I remember right is was $20 at maverick and its $10 at tmc. There are some loads that may take just a few minutes to tarp and then there are huge lumber loads that will take you 3 hours. Best of luck to ya.

4. trucking mouse

trucking mouse Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Sc
    If you decide to go to work for Hornday trucking be ready for some suprizes they do not hold to their end of the bargain. I was told i would get home on the weekends... yea right pure bull&@"$ I would deliver my load on Friday around 1-2 pm they would send me to pick up my next load usually 2 1/2 to 3 hours away by that time i would not have time left on my clock to drive. So be ready to wait and get back your reset so you can get home around 1-2 Saturday afternoon. Then expect to have to leave out late Sunday night to get your load delivered on time. Not what I was promised !!! I drove the southeast region all up to New Jersey..Baltimore Maryland upper Marlboro... Pennsylvania try leaving at 10:00 to 11:00 pm Sunday night to get their on time then have nothing left on your clock. My DM would complain when I would have to reset. As for tarping 30.00 is all you get for each 1 when most companies now pay 45.00 to 55.00 the tarps are the old 125 + pound ones no flaps and most are dirty as hell !! If you need tie down straps be ready to go to Alabama to get more they are to cheap to buy them when you are out on the road. As far as getting your truck or trailer worked on be aware each time you do it gets put in your file and you will get calls from safety ( I had to get an air line replaced ) then picked up a preloaded trailer that was poring air out of the junction valve ) road service sent me over 40 + x 2 = 80 + miles to get it fixed. Called my DM and let him know of course he didn't make a note of it. ( remember this was my day off ) It took an act of congress for me to get them to pay me for getting their equipment worked on. And still have not been paid. The people in monroville Al are not the brightest bulbs in the lamp either. I am not going to expound on them i think you should get the drift by now. I could say more but I am getting tired of writing about this company. I normally don't like to comment or complain about most things but this company isn't what they put out there. Please don't let my comments make your judgement call. Just know before you do what you maybe are getting into. I left them and now work for a company that knows my name every time I call. Not asking??? What is your truck ### ?? Like Hornday does !!! Give me a break F N Idiots !!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.