Horrible crash in Lakewood CO, I70 closed both directions. 12 vehicles 4 semi huge fire

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Expeditor, Apr 25, 2019.

1. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Thats probably his most prudent course of action. Apparently he held a Facebook live press conference to thank his donors. No word if he used an interpreter

Bud A. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The fun wore off decades ago.

The Internet and the freedoms afforded same is wearing off in this decade as expected. If someone did not like what you say and have the power to censor same or remove it it will be done. No trouble at all.

When everything has been legally inserted in a future law beyond saying Good morning how are you fine, how are you? fine and that's it. Nothing else to be said online. What is there then? Nothing. Just a enforcement system.

And I think in trucking for that kid to willfully ignore all that work and signage and still kill 4 people and hurt others, well... hang him high.

I keep thinking there are trucks in Cuba. But he came here because he can do whatever he #### well pleases with a truck even if it killed people.

If you want those 4 people lives to mean anything, then start testing their english. OR write signs in duplicate in Spanish, Russian, German, French etc to accomodate all the world coming here to truck.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Who made his bail?

that's the real interesting question

No way his "poor immigrant family" came up with 40,000 dollars cash.

Theres some story here and it's being hidden. He's going to skip and the story is just going to die out cuz there's something deeper at work.

Not that we have any journalists left to do any of this

Bud A. Thanks this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I heard Ed Asner posted it

6. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    So your programming is complete.

7. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Article I read said crowdfunding paid but I never looked to see the size of individual donations. Id be interested to know how he can skip....I would imagine they have him on a short leash.......probably checking in once or twice a day in Colorado and wearing a bracelet
    EDIT. No bracelet
    "In the meantime, prosecutors are asking that Aguilera-Mederos be ordered to wear a GPS monitor in part because he allegedly tried to flee the scene of the crash. Because Corry is hoping this situation can be sorted out in advance of a May 31 hearing on the issue, "I can't talk about it extensively," he maintains. "But based on my 25 years as a lawyer litigating cases, GPS is generally used in cases where there's a single victim and it's designed to keep an accused person away from that one victim. It's not really about securing an appearance in court. That's the purpose of bond. And having gotten to know Rogel, he's not going to flee. If he was going to flee, he would have done it already. He's committed to our defense."

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  8. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    If he's going to skip he has until I think May 30th. That's when there's a hearing about a bracelet.

There's also talk of this already being tried in the public which doesn't go over well. Especially for the public.

He didn't do this on purpose. You can't make an example. They can only do what the law says. People kill people every day by mistake and serve little time if any. He had two choices. Take the ramp which would end up in a crash. It's pretty violent to hit that gravel at high speed. His other choice was pretty much to kill himself driving off the road.

I think this kid has some pretty heavy backing behind him with resources. This will not be easy on the DA.

I say he will get very minimal time if any or probation. They can fine him anything they want but they're not going to get it. Maybe $25 a month until it's paid off.

I don't think we'll hear much more on this for a long time. Maybe years.

9. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I still want the company owners to face some heat

Bud A. and mp4694330 Thank this.
  10. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    And, if this was Lisa from Ice Road Truckers you would all be saying poor thing, she didn't mean it, let her go.

But this was someone from another country. The only thing that comes to mind is the towns people outside Frankenstein's castle with pitch forks.

;;; I still want the company owners to face some heat

Yes, I agree 100%. I think this is true with ALL the companies and the government should share some blame also. There should be different levels of a Class A CDL. Winter snow driving, Winter snow driving in mountains, driving in mountains. If your driving in PA you should have the ultimate endorsement. HOLY **** PA on those hills.

I was a programmer one day and the next I had my own authority with NO training at all hauling 47,000 pounds of steel from Mass to Vernal, UT. In my short 10 years of driving I was hit 9 times by new drivers!!!
    I'm about ready to retire with my camper and I will NEVER park in a rest area or truck stop.

11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Maybe before she got fat

;;; I still want the company owners to face some heat

You are late to this party so I'll recap in case you missed it.....kid has a CDL issued by flatland TX for ~2 yrs....never left TX until he got the job at this company TWO WEEKS prior to the accident. Unbelievable how this company is not negligent in dispatching him across Vail.....but the media hasn't found these people. I'll tell you what.....they had their ducks in a row from a liability stand point when they set the company up.....$750,000 liability ins......LLC.....insurance and authority now canceled.....complete anonymity

Bud A. and mp4694330 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.