horrible truck stops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ann2009, Mar 24, 2011.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Kansas City, KS Pilot is a dump. 2 showers and stays packed 24 hrs. Place looks like a truck stop in a landfill. Its almost as bad as the Pilot in Charlotte

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Yeah, they cook that nasty Mexican food in there. It nauseates me.....

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

nredfor88 and sealevel Thank this.
  5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Trust me,there’s nothing beautiful about that place-not even remotely. Our terminal in Edwardsville is about 1/2 mile west of it. I’m surprised a tornado hasn’t taken the place out yet!!

6. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    The Greater Chicago Truck Stop I-55, just north of the Coop, next exit then right, on left.
    Wonderful place, dirt lot mostly, PAY to park unless (maybe) a specified Fuel purchase.
    Shower and entire building(s) was/were nasty but that was in 2016.
    Restaurant....well I didn't get sick.
    Spent ONE NIGHT till I learned to park at Receiver/Shipper off of 355.
    - - - - - -
    How about L&B Truck Stop, x15 or 17, I-20, Alabama. East side. WERE some BIG DEEP Holes in Lot front of Fuel Island as well covertly scattered.
    LARGE Parking area never full. NEVER ate there. Hardees either across street or next door, never attempted.
    I parked on South Side next to Woods near "shop".
    - - - - - -
    I-20, X 503 (Q.T. at 501) Terrell, TX., T/A.
    Concrete SLAB Parking area, usually all buggered because of faulty install.
    Back row used to be Scrap Concrete (and vehicle parts?) which was pounded down by heavy trailers to resemble seemingly smooth parking. --Rather like the T/A in Montgomery, AL., on I-65-
    - - - - - -
    What about:
    Petro, I-40, Armadillo TX. Just a bit east of THE BIG TEXAN and a few miles West of 285 or 287?
    There was a Bar next door (or was it at Little Rock, AR.?)

Then there's the wonderful aroma sent from the Petro at x161, Little Rock Ar(not)kansas?
    Maybe the "enticing" aroma was from the Pilot across street?
    The only thing going for it was the Chicken Shack that would take Orders on CH. 23 and Deliver.
    - - - - - - - -
    Anyone remember STEEL CITY, X8 on I-80/90 Indiana??
    They had a golf cart for Driver transport from and to yer Truck.
    It's a Petro now yes?
    Across from that naturally poorly designed Flying J (Flying P) Parking lot.
    - - - - - -
    Yes, I survived Key Truck Slop in Texas. NEVER Overnight, just a local "waiting spot' for a local pickup point (I think for Carbon Dust just east).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Reason for edit: adding content.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    The level of awful in regard to truck stops also depends on the level of wet, cold, tired, HUNGRY, had ### kicked driver.

bzinger, JoeyJunk, Vampire and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Val_Caldera

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Some Tricky Truck Stops appeared, to me, to be safer having a wash where the mop buckets were cleaned.
    There was Hot Water, although I never gave such inclination a go, I would just utilize my vast supply of Wet Wipes.

Vampire, mjd4277 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I don't care which truck stop it is, I brush my teeth at the back of my trailer with a bottle of water.

For those that like their teeth, I recommend do the same.

For those that like infected gums, use the sink in the truckstop.

10. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I don't remember there being a bar next to the Petro in Amarillo, but the Petro in North Little Rock is just down the road from Jimmy Doyle's Country. If I had known what that place was all about when I was OTR I would have made a point of stopping there just to go to that bar.

Now there's a place that truly deserves a spot on the list of horrible truck stops. What a s___hole.

11. Val_Caldera

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    I live 100 miles North in Greensboro (steadily losing the "Green") and went to that wonderful, cosmetically & professional questionable designed location ONCE sometime from '99 to '01.:eek:
    That "visit" was just as fun as, for example, the Love's, X161, I-40, Little Rock, AR., which REQUIRED/REQUIRES more patience to exit.
    "I would rather my head set on fire and put out with a sledgehammer" than ever again visit ANY Love's or Pilot location! (rather moot since I'm Off The Routes)
    (Underlined is from LOOSE CANNONS and if ya ain't yet seen it, you're depriving yurself some wonderful hilarity).
    CHEERS!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    Vampire, mjd4277 and bigkev1115 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.