Hos changes are coming per fmsca!

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by drvrtech77, Feb 26, 2019.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    FMCSA chief says hours of service changes in the works

At the Omnitracs Outlook user conference Monday, Feb. 25 in Dallas, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Administrator Ray Martinez, said the agency is crafting a rule, planned for proposal this year, to change federal hours of service regulations. He also urged carriers to transition from automatic onboard recording devices (AOBRDs) to fully compliant ELDs well ahead of the Dec. 16 deadline, noting the agency doesn’t want to delay the compliance date.

“I don’t want to see in the last few months of 2019 a push for, ‘Hey, we need an extension on moving to ELDs,’” he said. “I really think that uncertainty is not helpful for anybody.”

In August 2018, the agency published an advanced notice of proposed rulemaking (ANPRM) to ask for input on how the agency could add more flexibility to the hours of service rules without compromising safety. FMCSA coupled the ANPRM with listening sessions across the country.

FMCSA chief says hours of service changes in the works

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I wouldnt get too excited yet. Last time they changed hos we got hosed. Not thinking they will do anything to fix it for drivers.

RoadRooster and Puppage Thank this.
  4. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    From what I've seen recently, it looks like they're going to allow for flexibility in the 14hr clock...also word is their going to get rid of the 30min break mandate too...which is joke in itself.

demontech62, 28, rabbiporkchop and 2 others Thank this.
  5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Anything short of going back to the old standard is just more governement regulations.

Good that they are eliminating the 30 minute break. It is a joke.

6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    If anyone watched the Reno meeting you’d notice that all those truck drivers were “less than smart” . Watch when they offered to allow the 30 minute break to be taken on Line 4 too,

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    And their “flex plan” will really help the truck stops and the Reserved Parking revenue.
    Do we want the ability to split our 10 hour break so we can take 4 hours off, go unload and come back later to a full truck stop to take the other 6 hours?
    Sounds awful when you consider we’ll still be limited by the 70 hour rule.

sevenmph and gentleroger Thank this.
  8. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    We’re from the government and we’re here to help! :)

buddyd157, buzzarddriver and fss99701 Thank this.
  9. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    When we you hear that. Sit down, hold on. Someone is getting screwed and its going to be a good one.

10. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Wouldnt mind getting rid of the 30 min break. I say just set it to something and keep it that way. Changing all the time messes everything up and is a pain in the butt refiguring the best way to run your operation. Also messes with capacity levels which can affect pricing quite a bit for a while.

11. drvrtech77

Mar 20, 2010
    From what I've been hearing it looks like they are possibly gonna be getting rid of the 30 minute break mandate as well as allowing flexibility in stopping during the day in stopping your clock

demontech62 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.