Hot shot between Canada & USA

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by zeenazeen, Aug 19, 2021.

1. zeenazeen

zeenazeen Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2021
    Ok we gonna go in circles. So I spoke to 4 idiots that all said the exact same thing? They know the commercial trucking rules better then most. So how is it I take your advice or theirs? Oh wait I won’t! It’s ok after all the haters on here I see it’s a good thing I get this loop hole. Obviously it’s something the masses wish they could do. All your doing is making me smile ear to ear! I get it your mad cause you can’t .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    P.S. Next time you talk to the CBP people, get them to show you the laws where it specifically exempts carriers. Not drivers, but the motor carrier.

4. zeenazeen

zeenazeen Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2021
    Don’t worry I asked them about all that. I even quoted some responses from this thread. They said you guys don’t have a clue what applies too me. Word for word

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Jesus Christ dude. You can deny the truth all you want, but a truck is not a person. Your status does not transfer to the truck. You're free to run the US all you want, just don't blame anyone here when you're caught and fined/charged.

6. zeenazeen

zeenazeen Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2021
    Well just so you know I’ll be going to USA in sept to buy some bluetick hounds. When I do I will make a stop at the scale and ask someone else. Then I’ll report back here for all too see.

7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    A cop's job isn't to know the law, it's to enforce it. Strange, I know. Ask a lawyer instead.

8. zeenazeen

zeenazeen Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2021
    I’ll do both and see what everyone says. Do to all the different answers on here I’ll do some more digging. At the end of the day all I want is too be LEGAL!

9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Don't bother with a border scale as cabotage laws do not affect anything at the border. Period. Stop at a scale a couple hundred miles south of the border and ask them. they are the ones who would shut you down and slap that big ticket on you if you were caught running point to point in the U.S. as a Canadian based carrier.

10. zeenazeen

zeenazeen Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2021
    That’s who I was gonna ask

11. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    OP had SGITR syndrome. It is very prevalent in the United States. It is apparently running rampant in Canada as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.