Hot Shot, have equipment, help me get started.

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by GrableRnRHotShot, Jul 17, 2017.

1. garkeller

garkeller Bobtail Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Gave me a much needed laugh at that response...thanks Ryan!

Ryan S2016 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GrableRnRHotShot

GrableRnRHotShot Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Getting closer to pulling the trigger. LLC officially filed. I do want to ride the ELD issue out a bit so in the mean time ill keep stock piling operating capita. Thank. I'll keep updating, You keep feeding me info.

Once i'm up and going i'd be glad to work with another person for some on the road training , IE you help me find a few loads and do them correct =, Provide phone support here and there and i'll gladly give you some kick back for the time. Wouldn't mind a small life line for the first few weeks of running. If anyone is interested let me know, I will provide my plan to you and my business model and such to provide proof i'm not trying to just take you at large.

4. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Got your insurance quote yet? Forget about your LLC and everything else.

Anj Thanks this.
  5. GrableRnRHotShot

Jul 14, 2017
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Yes, posted it earlier but with a company out of hotsprings, AR that was 1k cheap than progressive is 9887 first year and they anticipated. 10 % drop each year for the first 3 years if nothing happens. So around 7200 by year 4. Very friendly company.

6. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Sounds good! Do you know their rating is?

7. GrableRnRHotShot

Jul 14, 2017
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    I'll find out, packet should arive next day or two.

8. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Insurance companies have credit ratings and if it's not good, brokers will not deal with them. Same thing with brokers. If they have a crappy bond company like Pacific Financial carries will not deal with them.

Anj Thanks this.
  9. Anj

Anj Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Here is my progressive quote as a new business, new mc/dot, new cdl. No coverage on my truck or trailer, as I own it and it's value not worth skyrocketing my rates if something happened to it or possibly being cancelled. I would rather just replace it. It's a MDT (2006 IH 4300).

Also have a 2002 F550 I will add on at a later date.

With a 1M body/property it is 15K a year with 4,400.00 down.

I put it to 750k body/property and it dropped to 10,500.00 yearly upfront or 12k with monthly payments.

Attached

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  10. Anj

Anj Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Any of the vets please feel free to weigh in on my coverage.

Edit: This does not include Cargo insurance******* I will call and get that quote. Hopefully it can't be too much more. :oops:

Thank you

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  11. Midwest1

Midwest1 Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    I don't see any cargo insurance on there. I would make sure your getting a quote through a company that specializes in trucking insurance.

Trust me I started out getting quotes from my primary insurance provider who quotes progressive and they didn't have a clue about trucking insurance. Make sure you tell them what kind of freight you plan in hauling and that they don't quote you staying within 300 or 500 miles of your home base.

Lite bug and Anj Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.