Hot shot laws in texas??

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by United States, May 26, 2016.

1. TxHotshot21

TxHotshot21 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2017
    What industry are you planning on doing Hotshot for? The gas and petroleum industry lifts the 65' rule. Makes your rig exempt from the length restrictions, other than common 3' front overhang and 4' rear overhang.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TxHotshot21

TxHotshot21 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2017
    IMG_0090.PNG
    If you are exclusive to the oil and gas industry, the 65' limitation is lifted here in TX. Read #4 in the attatched picture. Have a good day.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Alfhin92

Alfhin92 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2016
    What IF, I were to put a welding bed on my truck? It’s not a flatbed and it’s practically impossible to tie anything down for the exception of compartments...what then? I don’t mean a flatbed but a fit that wouldn’t have any means for strapping down any tools (loads) for the exception of 2-3 storage compartments

6. Gottfried

Gottfried Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Harrisburg, PA
  7. Nenebaby

Nenebaby Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2019
    I want to make sure I can secure loads. What is a good starting Insurance Coverage, I can start with? I have a 24' flatbed.

8. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Operating on your own? You will need operating authority which will require 750k insurance for interstate operation and 500k insurance if just operating in Texas. If you are a new driver to this expect to pay well in excess of 10k per year probably closer to 20k per year for this type of insurance.

9. Okellychris

Okellychris Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2020
    I hear ya.. But what about removing the bed for cosmetic reasons. Replace with Diamond plating to cover the frame and tires (mud flaps) and add job boxes, fifth wheel hitch to the frame from a custom shop. And not to exceed the 65’ rule. I basically don’t want the bed. & yes I would be out of Texas, yes a Dually 3500.

10. Okellychris

Okellychris Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2020
    So if I remove the bed and it’s an exposed frame it becomes a Tractor? What if I remove the bed and replace with Diamond plating and include mud flaps and wheel Wells to cover the Dually tires, add job boxes down the sides but open concept (no tailgate) as I e seen custom work done like such

• Truckers Report Jobs