Hot Shot Trucking (Dually and Trailer) HOS Requirements

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by ajb1972, Feb 12, 2012.

1. me only

me only Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2011
    buford ga

Heck no not under truck .It was raining .he did everything from the car he was in .what a joke .he just made sure i had basically all my ducks in a row .
    Checked lights and all from car too lol.Asked me if a had a fire extig and triangles too .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. revelation1911

revelation1911 Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Moody Alabama
    Amazing how filing a false police report is ok when they do it?
    But it's god awful when the carriers do it.
    If you have new MC numbers it will get worse I had about twenty first 18 months not counting all the times they came running out the scalehouse to just look and not write a report cause nothing was wrong.
    I hate them and know they are worthless and know we'd be better off without them. Piss on CSA and FMSCA and down ray lahoods mouth.
    Screw all of them I wouldn't call 911 for them if they's on fire.

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    That has been covered time after time here . You DO NOT have to give any proof of what you did when off duty .
    There IS a reason you can be required to show motel receipts IF you have them . They are supporting documents like fuel and toll receipts that verify your logs . If you didn't stay in a motel and have no receipt there should be no issue .
    There is no regulation requiring rest , sleep , or staying in a motel .

5. SMBdriver

SMBdriver Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Oh come on Rev, don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel... :biggrin_255:

6. millyardexpress

millyardexpress Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2012
    bedias, tx
    we are new to the hot shoting biz and can anyone give us any tips we have two 550 with 40ft floats:biggrin_2558:

7. Thatguyfromtexas

Thatguyfromtexas Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Norman, OK
    Get out now. Sell the trucks. Sell the floats.

Enjoy your life.

8. Thatguyfromtexas

Thatguyfromtexas Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Norman, OK
    Ok, now that I got that out of my system....

I'm sure that wasn't what you were looking to for, but it's just my $.02.

If you are determined to to give up your free time, Deal with all of the regulations and rules, then you'll probably make it.

If you have your own Authority, You can start on the load boards. The next thing is to go around to ALL of the oilfield and manufacturing facilities in your area and at the very least, drop off a business card. If you can afford it, Magnetic business cards, pens, caps and other little stuff does help. Just don't go overboard.

Talk to some of the other companies in your area, get to know them. If you can get a good rapport with them, they may call if they can't cover a load. Make sure to take care of them if they do.

Be patient. Make sure you know what your expenses are going to be before you start driving. If the load is paying $1.50 per mile and your running 500 miles, obviously your going to take $750 home. BUT if your getting 8mpg, that's about 63 gallons of fuel ($252). Now your down to $498. And if your truck payment is around $800 per month, $500 in insurance and taxes - that's about $50 per day. Don't forget to withhold your taxes out of that$750 ($180). Then figure in your TOTAL time and fuel (deadhead to load, load, travel, unload)and you've invested about 36 hours of your life. That works out to about $7.50 per hour you've now earned.:biggrin_2554:

Sometimes it's better to sit and spend no money than to haul cheap freight.

Good luck.

If you want, you can PM me and I can give you the name of a company in TX that could help to keep you busy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.