Hotshot Companies that Lease to New Drivers

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Want2, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Team Seven Transport LLC

Team Seven Transport LLC Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2019
    I have a truck & looking to purchase a trailer. So my question is if im looking to lease on with a company do I need to have my own MC # and usdot# as well or would I use theirs?

2. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    You could use their’s. I started out exactly that way. The trick is to find a company that has been in business for at least a few years where you can check them out thru their drivers. The company I started out with was not very good and did not know what they were doing and did not last long. Some people will take advantage and you or them not realize it. You can lease on to a good company and they might be located in a different state. You will get experience it might be good or bad. These good companies have been in business for a number of years and have access to good paying freight.

24kHotshot Thanks this.
  3. groundforce

groundforce Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Can you please suggest some of these good companies based on your experience?

4. Indjoe

Indjoe Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2019
    Do you still need to have dot insurance or can you use theirs?

5. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    You will use their insurance.

6. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    The guys i started with went out of business a few years ago. They had no freight of their own, they tried to make it on the load board. Never build long tern relationships with brokers. Which IMO was a mistake. I do not know any I would recommend you just have to find them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.