Hotshots Requesting Accurate Info From DOT Officers Who May be Here...

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by SMBdriver, Dec 27, 2011.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Still waiting to SEE what the book says about personal conveyance . Hearing what it says doesn't satisfy me .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. revelation1911

revelation1911 Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Moody Alabama
    The guidance part is practical application meaning this is way the view useage
    of the rules. Don't seem no one wants to answer you? Hard to get answer from folks who use rules to their advantage wether right or wrong.

4. gorteck

gorteck Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I am wondering if I can get DB and SM to give me some clarification concerning the new rules taking effect at the end of the month.
    I am thinking of running cargo van for expediting. (I am not wishing to deal with pay in this form.) Because it will be under 10000lbs GVW am I correct in that I do not need special plates to run interstate?
    If I run Hazmat, I will not need a legal sleeper in the van I can say I am off duty and sleep in the back?
    Do I need to have a vapor barrier between the driver compartment and the cargo area or is a fence(??) ok?
    Do I need to get a DOT # and inspection if I wish to use the van for Hazmat, or since it is under 10000lbs GVW is it exempt? I have a class-a w/hazmat.
    Am I understanding correctly that with the new rule concerning off duty, that I could sleep in the back seat of a crew cab p/u and that is ok? (If so that seems to put to rest the questions about CCS's sleeper berth.)
    Thank you for your time, drive safe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.