How’s the LTL sector doing where you’re at?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, Mar 1, 2020.

1. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    I think Pyle has a better overall pay package in the NE, so that's a plus. My opinion is pretty much any LTL is good with Central being the only one I'd be leery of, though I do know some folks who are very happy at CT.

rulonwaholla Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    didn't make any pickups today.

WE SCREWED

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  4. rulonwaholla

rulonwaholla Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Dont worry hang on tight brother we are a strong nation!!

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  5. rulonwaholla

Nov 6, 2013
    Lets see im waiting for the guy to call me

6. JadeLove

JadeLove Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2019
    I’m a Linehaul extraboard driver at Estes. East coast. Been sitting at home all week and can’t get out.

jtaran06 and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Yeah, there is going to be some lean times because of this silliness. I hate like hades to take the government cheese, but I will if I have to. This will break out soon though and I would advise anyone currently at an LTL gig to stand fast if they can. 6 months from now you will be glad you did. Sorry to hear you're setting.

JadeLove Thanks this.
  8. JadeLove

JadeLove Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Yeah it’s just the risk we take with freight. I’ve been in LTL since the summer of 08 when I graduated high school, and we’ve seen feast and we’ve seen famine. Everything is but a season and it will pass eventually.

jmz, LPjunior1970 and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  9. rulonwaholla

Nov 6, 2013
    Im going on monday for the
    drug test and ipcs hopefully it would be a better change then where im working at now

10. KullenTrucking

KullenTrucking Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2019
    South Florida
    It’s really taken a toll in the food service industry. 50% of our business was public schools (which are all closed), the other half were restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and elderly homes (the last 2 being our only existing customers). So I’d estimate at least 75% of our revenue is now gone. I, and many others, haven’t seen a route in 5 days. Been trying to get in with an LTL company for the longest, but to no avail. Definitely won’t happen now. Looks like Regional/OTR is my only road to a steady paycheck.

jmz, BigDog Trucker and double_r Thank this.
  11. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Same issue here. Schools closed BUT we are still running to district warehouses and some schools since they still have to feed the kids. Hospitals, nursing homes still going strong. Still have restaurant business due to most going to take out and delivery but case count down. Our local drivers are going down to 4 days starting next week until case count comes back up.
    Unfortunately, 7 drivers just got laid off until case count comes back up. all extra board drivers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.